Game-Labs Forum

We have a serious problem with the pirate nation in this game:

Something needs to be done about the pirate nation in this game. Our nation has lost so many players because of drama and the decide they will just go pirate. This needs to be stopped somehow. Our nation is now outnumbered by the Pirates because it's so easy to just go pirate. We also lose a lot of new players because they get ganked by pirates going up and down the coast of Charleston or some other nations capital and then then the new player says "I want to go up and down the coast ganking people" and so they switch to pirate by simply attacking a friendly ship.

Something seriously needs to change with the pirate nation. My recommendation is to remove the ability to craft 3rd rate ships and higher as the pirate nation but give them access to some new frigate type ships that pirates would historically use. Also, Pirates should not be able to capture ports but instead join battles on either side of a nation battle. If the Brits and Americans are doing a port battle, pirate players can join either side. Also, Pirates should have access to any port in the game no matter who owns the port.

This is a problem on the pvp2 server.

I am under the impression that pirate mechanics are indeed under review and thus are subject to change.

Your recommendations are stipulated on many threads and I do agree with the idea that pirates should not act like a true nation.

Just be patient my friend; our concerns shall be adressed in due time :)

• Like 1

Something needs to be done about the pirate nation in this game. Our nation has lost so many players because of drama and the decide they will just go pirate. This needs to be stopped somehow. Our nation is now outnumbered by the Pirates because it's so easy to just go pirate. We also lose a lot of new players because they get ganked by pirates going up and down the coast of Charleston or some other nations capital and then then the new player says "I want to go up and down the coast ganking people" and so they switch to pirate by simply attacking a friendly ship.

Something seriously needs to change with the pirate nation. My recommendation is to remove the ability to craft 3rd rate ships and higher as the pirate nation but give them access to some new frigate type ships that pirates would historically use. Also, Pirates should not be able to capture ports but instead join battles on either side of a nation battle. If the Brits and Americans are doing a port battle, pirate players can join either side. Also, Pirates should have access to any port in the game no matter who owns the port.

I'd suggest that what might need to be done is your nation make a concerted effort to prevent said pirates from raiding up and down your coastline. We have the same issues with nationals raiding around MT as well.....this is not something that is unique to what you are describing. The ability to go pirate I agree with you on, however, I think it might be worth considering an option that would allow pirates to go national to offset it. The truth of the matter is a lot of people will switch to whatever nation they think is the favorite and will offer them the most advantage. Swapping sides so to speak is not necessarily the best option to put in game but it would be better than not having one and people just quitting the game.

As far as our ability to craft SOL's I don't see that changing anything that you are concerned about.....nobody I know uses SOL's to chase traders. However, I would support the notion of capping pirate crafting at 4th rates if they would let us craft the pirate frig and make it only available to pirates. As far as pirates capturing ports that mechanic I believe is going to be switched to more of a raiding one so we shall see what that entails. In closing even if you got rid of pirates all together there is absolutely nothing from preventing a different nation from doing the same thing up and down your coast. If the brits, swedes, danes or spanish were doing it what would be the difference? 

• Like 2

Pirates need to be addressed to wash away the refugees.

Won't disclose the majority of the testers discussion on how to achieve this but let's say it leads Pirates to be Pirates and nothing like we have to day, taking that even half the build up would get implemented.

Pirates must not be farmers, nor builders, nor godamn traders. That is anathema and a shame to the working pirate class :D

Pirates must be unique and hardcore.