Game-Labs Forum

be able to name a ship without taking away it's ship type name.

like when you cap a player ship you will have something of thiers that is named and say you capped it.

and keep sell it like a trophy ship.

and the shipped you named has more feels to it.

and would add more to the pvp player made set bounty's if the player wants to have a faster way to prove you capped the ship or does not have way to take pics or forgot to take a pic of ship for bounty.

want some player feedback on my idea and dev feedback aswell.....

• Like 1

The Idea is not new. Right now, I dont think that it is possible but maybe later on?

The problem hereby is, that some players might use it for stupid names like: Cockass or something else.

I belive we were already to the point that it should be possible to make a list of names where you can at least pick up some or to put a name together from a few words on a list.

Still, I dont think that this will happen in a while.

Edit: To keep a ship as a "trophy" is not really good when you got a few more from that ship

Edited by Twig

What would be great is if every ship carried a "log" of what happened to that ship during its lifetime. Something that would look like this:

Crafted by Flag Captain Peter Fouche in Kingston Port Royal on "date"

Sold in KPR to Post Captain Heinz Great Britain on "date"

Captured by Admiral Frog near Pedro Cay France on "date"

Captured by Flag Captain Brown near Jeremie Dutch on "date"

Just something interesting that could be added maybe? Telling a story about the ship. But then with the 5 dura ships... I have no idea how to go about it.

• Like 2

I've been wanting this for a long time. I understand the worry of players making stupid names, but we have to remember this is a game and we should be able to have the freedom to name the ship what we want.

They could always add keyword type thing to where if the name has that word then the player can't name the ship that, kinda like some games do when you name your character in order to keep offensive names out. If you understand what I mean.

• Like 1