Game-Labs Forum

Effect of killing/capping AI ships in open world?

Ahoy there,

I have a question: when I engage and conquer AI ships or fleets in the open world, does this have any effect on the open world at all? I.e. does it damage the economy of the nation that those vessels belonged to? Will that nation be alerted to my doing, so will this be considered an aggressive act? Or anything else I might be overlooking?

Ahoy there,

I have a question: when I engage and conquer AI ships or fleets in the open world, does this have any effect on the open world at all? I.e. does it damage the economy of the nation that those vessels belonged to? Will that nation be alerted to my doing, so will this be considered an aggressive act? Or anything else I might be overlooking?

we get angry reports from them every day.

saying they are getting abused 

Top Acorne saying he will leave the game constantly

On a serious note - NPCs are content - just for you 

In the future they will help with hostility levels for port battles.

• Like 8

we get angry reports from them every day.

saying they are getting abused 

Top Acorne saying he will leave the game constantly

On a serious note - NPCs are content - just for you 

In the future they will help with hostility levels for port battles.

Any chance they will actually engage also ? Seems kinda retarded when an enemy is literally sailing 20 meters besides a fleet and it continues on its course sailing at a 2 knot speed against the wind ... 

Any chance they will actually engage also ? Seems kinda retarded when an enemy is literally sailing 20 meters besides a fleet and it continues on its course sailing at a 2 knot speed against the wind ... 

i will explain the logic behind the decision.

In early OW editions they attacked players in some cases - but this is what we found

• If they can sink you you will run
  • If it is too easy (low xp) you will run
  • After a while (you become pvp oriented) you will run from all NPCs because you want to fight players (especially if you are already rear admiral)

So in majority of cases it becomes 7 mins of wasted time (5 battle timer +2 exit timer)

Because they can't really chase you well (without magical buffs) npc becomes a time waster in most cases.

But we plan to add chaser NPC privateers - we are working on teaching them to chase players well - if it works - some npcs will attack you because they will be able to run you down.

• Like 2