Game-Labs Forum

Bug in port battle

Last night Spain launched an attack to capture Croata from Great Britain.

We entered the battle and destroyed one of the three towers without english players in the battle. The tower was marked as destroyed and we should have won the battle and the port.

However, in the battle it was marked as towers destroyed 0/1 and English players started to show up, making things more complicated to us.

We decided to go and destroy another tower and this time the tower counted, so we could see the message "towers destroyed 1/1", but the battle ratting was not enough at that time for us.

I have a picture in which you can see that the tower was indeed destroyed and you can see how many players were involved for both sides in order to calculate the battle ratting.  In the picture 4 english players had entered the battle, but we captured the tower before they  entered.

33nyudu.jpg

mn0x91.jpg

As you can see, we should have won that port battle and because of an unknown bug, we didn't. 

Can you fix this?

First off i would like to note that your screenshots don't actually show that you destroyed the tower before reinforcements joined.

The first one just shows your BR and the second one shows a destroyed tower including the reinforcements already in.

With that said, i hope you filed an f11 reports? In case you haven't i would recommend you still do so.

Include the name of the port, time of attack, and a description of what went wrong.

The more information the better, it allows for a swift and thorough investigation into what went wrong. :)

If you look at the pictures, you can see that they were taken at the same moment. Look at the map position in the right bottom corner of the screen. Same position but with different data in the screenshot.

At that moment, the BR was in our favour by 2,2/2 and we had destroyed one tower but did not count as it should. So, if the system had worked as it should, with one tower destroyed and a BR ratio 2,2/2  Spain should have won the battle.

It seems pretty clear to me, doesn't it?

No, now you just have to destroy one of them and have a +2/2 BR

Deep is 3 of them and +2/2 BR

Anyway, I sent a f11 report with a link to this thread and we expect that the devs will give us the port as we deserve.

Edited by alumct

May I know why this topic has been moved to General discussions?

I opened it in Tribunal because there is where it should be

It shouldnt be in tribunal as no one is guilty of doing anything wrong here(nor is any one being accused of doing something wrong here), as far as i can see its a bug so it should not be in tribunal

This is happening to all of us, same with Deep waters, it isn't switching, similar at Utila.

TBH, the idea of 1 tower to cap a shallow is a TERRIBLE idea. it means a defensive force has about 11 minutes from flag plant to get its ships into battle. Which is silly given the attacking side already has advantage of flag pull and sail...where as defenders have to rally.

So as much as none of the PB's are working as per the patch notes....they are ALL working as they used to, which is, in my opinion MUCH better.

If this is implemented then it turns many PB's into a smash and grab.