Game-Labs Forum

So a little bit of rage thread! 
Let me tell you a story. I was gonna get my trader from Philpsburg a dane was waiting outside (This is fair game a player wanna hunt me im fine with that) How ever a danish AI fleet just left philipsburg idk why it was in philipsburg, so this player tagged me just as i left philipsburg and stading next to tho the AI fleet draging the AI fleet with him. 

Three suggestions for a fix:

1. Remove AI fleets from enemy cities/waters i cant see why it would want to enter those ports. Make them Circle around friendly cities.

2. Make AI fleets not join the battle if a player that are friendly to the fleet tag a player that are inside ''the old reinforcment zone''

3. Make Friendly AI fleets attack enemy AI fleets if they get to close. 

This AI stuff is rubbish im fine with players ganking etc but when players use AIs in enemy waters that is just broken.

Off topic: Didnt have any cargo and capped the player that tagged me so no worrys.

aBpkS3T.jpg

Edited by Knallkorp

Looks like 2 players ganked you. Obviously you would not be able to fight a Frigate in that Cargo ship and would run anyway leaving NPC Fleet behind you as well. Lynx will keep you in and Frigate will chew your masts. I see no harm in this situation. Always check what is happening around you before leaving port. If caught you would sink anyway with or without fleet. You need to complain about gank problem imo. Also, what is the best sailing point for Indiaman?

Looks like 2 players ganked you. Obviously you would not be able to fight a Frigate in that Cargo ship and would run anyway leaving NPC Fleet behind you as well. Lynx will keep you in and Frigate will chew your masts. I see no harm in this situation. Always check what is happening around you before leaving port. If caught you would sink anyway with or without fleet. You need to complain about gank problem imo. Also, what is the best sailing point for Indiaman?

Im fine with the ganking i do it myself but the fact the a enemy AI fleet is sitting in the bay of your harbour makes no sense. If i got attacked in open water with a random AI fleet around me getting dragged in or im in enemy waters thats fine for me to go against an AI fleet. But AI fleet right outside the harbour or even them entering Gustavia. 

I have to disagree with Wind. Foreign nation fleets should not be in my waters, unless we have an alliance. And further, I believe that my nation AI fleets should auto-attack any enemy in our own waters.

Still need to keep open world PVP tho.
Edited by Knallkorp
  • Like 1

I don't think you could call this a gank. The battle weighting are a good match the Indiamen is slightly faster than the average frigate. The NPCs only come into play if they start the battle close to the Indiamen and even then they shoot hull so sail hits would be minimal. The French guy in the Lynx is a bit of a mystery and was likely just passer by. Even if it was per some joint nation plan it was hardly a game changer. The frigate has nose guns so it didn't need the Lynx.

A frigate (18# guns) + Lynx (x4 6#). vs. Indiamen (18# guns and more hit points, crew and armor)

If anything all the fleet did was stop the Indiamen from turning to fight. In that sense I can see the OPs annoyance at the fleet. But it's not like the fleets are hidden. He could have realized a Dane was more likely to risk attacking him with a Dane fleet nearby. If anything he should have planned ahead and stayed well away from the NPC fleet. Then the frigate would have to consider the risks of an Indiamen that decides to fight instead of run.

I don't think you could call this a gank. The battle weighting are a good match the Indiamen is slightly faster than the average frigate. The NPCs only come into play if they start the battle close to the Indiamen and even then they shoot hull so sail hits would be minimal. The French guy in the Lynx is a bit of a mystery and was likely just passer by. Even if it was per some joint nation plan it was hardly a game changer. The frigate has nose guns so it didn't need the Lynx.

A frigate (18# guns) + Lynx (x4 6#). vs. Indiamen (18# guns and more hit points, crew and armor)

If anything all the fleet did was stop the Indiamen from turning to fight. In that sense I can see the OPs annoyance at the fleet. But it's not like the fleets are hidden. He could have realized a Dane was more likely to risk attacking him with a Dane fleet nearby. If anything he should have planned ahead and stayed well away from the NPC fleet. Then the frigate would have to consider the risks of an Indiamen that decides to fight instead of run.

AI does shoot sail now. The cerb sailed next to me all the time chainging my sails so could get away and i started in the bay of philips with AI infront of me. I agree i should have been more careful but the amount of ships sailing outside is alot of ai ships so u get lazy with time not clicking on all the ships. Main point here i want to complain about is the fact the enemy fleets are going to other nations harbours and i do not see the point of that.

AI does shoot sail now. The cerb sailed next to me all the time chainging my sails so could get away and i started in the bay of philips with AI infront of me. I agree i should have been more careful but the amount of ships sailing outside is alot of ai ships so u get lazy with time not clicking on all the ships. Main point here i want to complain about is the fact the enemy fleets are going to other nations harbours and i do not see the point of that.

Ouch! Yeah that had bad situation written all over it. Perhaps the AI are programmed to desail certain types of targets.

I'm not sure how the AI determines which ships are outside a port. I notice in the west almost all the fleets are French. However those ports on the original starting map were French. Part of it may be to give local players NPC ships they can actually attack without going pirate. Though they certainly don't need to be as large as some of the fleets we see in game.

1. AI Fleets are wonky, hopefully we'll see player directed AI Fleets in the future. There things are hard to implement in a good manner. But you can always apply for the job:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/13967-what-a-strange-meeting/?p=259883 :)

2. Personally I would consider using AI Fleets to tag for advantage a valid tactic. It does mean everybody needs to pay attention just a bit more and not get distracted by the sea-gulls too much. :P
Edited by Skully