Game-Labs Forum

Fireships...should they live on after explosion ?

You shouldn't be able to survive a fireship explosion, regardless of how much crew you start with. The crew penalty modifier should be high though, a fireship should be capable of fully maneuvering and the odd couple of shots.

What definitely should not be an option is blowing up a tower and then capping it with your remaining ~10 crew. :P

TL;DR: BOOM, Dead.

• Like 1

I think admin will just love seeing a fireship light up with green-to-green shots. We might as well say, that if you disable survival you initiate your own fire (may or may not be limited to fireships).

IMO the problem is that fireships have been implemented by a Module which does not really account for how fireships were actually used. Should be a cratfable commsuable to turn a regular ship into a fire ship for example. Even if the Fireship Fitting module remains it should have penalties such as:

- remove guns.

- reduce crew to minimum to sail ship.

- no survival or putting out fire once lit.

-fireship captain should be able to set fire with a timer or someone suggested make it like boarding prep.

Now there is no worries about green v green to set the fireship alight.  

• Like 2

Once you reduce crew to say 50% or 40% you already have a big penalty. Reduce cannons by 50% as well, so you can still shoot just a bit. Survival works as always, but turned off it will initiate a fire.

I think turning it back on with those crew penalties not save you anyway, especially under fire. While it does give you enough control to ensure a nice explosion position.

Just had a fire ship experience and thought it was the most stupid stuff I have ever seen in this game.  

I am on a fast stripped down over crewed frigate with 340 men.   theres a 4 to 4 fight and I chose to try to board a enemy frigate.   He has fireship mod and explodes near me killing 270 men but he still has 270 men on his frigate.   I am now forced to crew with only 70 men and can barely escape as he chains me and then boards me.

He easily wins.        Don't get it.   I have extra hammocks, grogs, swords and marines , boarding parties...all exceptional.  

Plain stupid if you ask me.    If he lost most of his men (90%) then it might be fun but this is just plain stupid.

I saw a Victory go down the same way by a Consti and the consti boarded and won.   stupid.

• Like 1

Just had a fire ship experience and thought it was the most stupid stuff I have ever seen in this game.  

I am on a fast stripped down over crewed frigate with 340 men.   theres a 4 to 4 fight and I chose to try to board a enemy frigate.   He has fireship mod and explodes near me killing 270 men but he still has 270 men on his frigate.   I am now forced to crew with only 70 men and can barely escape as he chains me and then boards me.

He easily wins.        Don't get it.   I have extra hammocks, grogs, swords and marines , boarding parties...all exceptional.  

Plain stupid if you ask me.    If he lost most of his men (90%) then it might be fun but this is just plain stupid.

I saw a Victory go down the same way by a Consti and the consti boarded and won.   stupid.

That sort of situation warrants hotfixing out AoE damage entirely.