Game-Labs Forum

Perhaps take wind into account when assigning missions.

Well, I personally find it interesting to not knowing how the wind will be when going out to sail to my missions. It encourages me to consider alternate courses and methods to achieve my goal, and helps me improve my navigation/tacking skills. I also wouldn't want to become reliant on missions to always be conveniently located. Plus, this sounds like a complex thing to program personally, and i think that perhaps such time should go to other tasks.

Just my opinion on it sir. 

• Like 1

I very seldom do a mission right after I picked it up. I pick up missions whenever I am there from ports that most frequently spawn them in favourable locations, but usually I don't go out to do the missions until a few days later, whenever I need to stock up on money for flags or mid grade notes.

• Like 1

Well you can cancel and retake missions to get the wind. But yes it could be hard to impliment. Plus imho the wind moves too fast, not allowing a tack to be properly completed before the wind gets in the way again. It takes more time to tack than it does for the wind to change I find. Especially if you are not glued to the screen but walk off to get a beverage:p