Game-Labs Forum

Auto-follow (Automatic OW fleeting feature)

Would it not be feasible to add an "auto-follow target" feature in OW?

I'm not talking like a precise 'intercept' button that can chase down evasive targets, more something to allow you to follow an AI fleet in the OW in your trader.

I talk as a player who does little actual sailing in a ship transporting things around, namely because i'd rather just jump into small battles before everyone logs off. I'm not playing naval action to carebear but it's necessary just because of the sheer price of ships on the market and ease at which said ship can get stolen in such a short amount of time after purchasing.

So yes, as a crafter it's really easy to have a cluster of 3 outposts and one far away for sole purpose of getting the mats. I TP before logging off, back online the next day, farm the mats and TP back to capital with mats. Kinda feels like cheating...

I would propose a sort of auto-follow button that lets you afk by following an AI fleet so at least some part of the journey you know you would be moderately safe and you can afk till you get to the final stretch. Sure it's risky as there may happen to be an unfriendly fleet cross you by chance but hey - there has to be some risk! And they also have to fight through the AI fleet.

This isn't an intercept button per-se, rather a less maneuverable follow button so you could still use it when travelling in a fleet (the leader would have to sail within the turn rate of the follow function to avoid stragglers)

Also, possibly remove TP function or double the timer. It's such an obvious way of making money with little to no risk involved and means that those ships will never sail in the OW apart from the 120 seconds it takes to TP back to your capital avoiding dangerous waters, fully laden with goodies.

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Removed unnecessary poll.
  • Like 1

TP timer to 2 hours would be nice... TRansport between Regional Capitals you own or Free ports by buying passage would be nice to..

As foe the Auto Follow.. I would love it for tagging and following group members so if you have to run ot teh bathroom and they turn you are still with them:)

I like the idea of auto follow as a compromise to teleportation

No thanks.. AI travels far to slow...  they dont tack and move in even good wind at 50% slower or more then a player ship.

I just want one for following friendies or group members so the crew follows the formation if they turn while I am grabbing a drink or in the bathroom

• Like 1