Game-Labs Forum

Auto off-load Cargo mechanism: Ship to warehouse and Vice Versa

Just a mechanism that would allow you to click a button and it would empty the ENTIRE contents of the HOLD of your ship, into the Port Warehouse.

Instead of the current "Click, drag and place" of each individual item from Ship to port warehouse.

Even better if you could ALSO do this in reverse. From Warehouse to Ship.

I do a lot of trader raiding. I start with an EMPTY hold, and just set sail from one part of the map to another. But the time I get to where I want to stop, my hold is full. All I would to do is just click one button and off-load it, so I can turn around and possibly repeat the process, in short order. Instead of currently having to find each and every item in warehouse, select the item on the Boat, and drag it into a new slot or over the stored location.

The argument of "automated off loading machinery" during that period, is not a good one -- when the current game "time" rate is so accelerated.

Cheers,

-Yank

• Like 1

Current UI is simply a placeholder, so it seems of no much use in adding little upgrades ...

Trade raiding in the other hand has a much bigger problem IMO , when you must discard a big bunch of cargo as you are not allowed sending  the prize with its cargo and it does not fit in your own hold.

Having the drag and drop and a tranfer all options would be nice :). Everyone has an option.

But currently there is NOT a "transfer all" option - that I am missing , correct?

Its weird, because if I send a shipment (delivery) somewhere ... as soon as I hit "Accept" at its destination point - it places ALL the items in my warehouse, in their respective places (if already one is there) or simply in the warehouse. So there is a version of it already --since they are "off-loaded/accepted" all at once.  But it only applies to "Deliveries" currently.

I figured the option might be easily readied - by seeing that happen.

Just a mechanism that would allow you to click a button and it would empty the ENTIRE contents of the HOLD of your ship, into the Port Warehouse.

Instead of the current "Click, drag and place" of each individual item from Ship to port warehouse.

Even better if you could ALSO do this in reverse. From Warehouse to Ship.

I like your suggestion.  I hadn't thought about it before, but yeah, pretty simple to implement and a nice feature.

I guess my only question is:

Current UI is simply a placeholder, so it seems of no much use in adding little upgrades ...

Where is this tidbit written?  Are you implying the entire port UI is going away and being completely reworked?  I hadn't seen that anywhere yet.

Yes but placeholder does not equal complete rework.  In order to move cargo from ship to warehouse, or vice versa you still need an interface no matter what it looks like.  And in order to move it you need an action button.  Changing what it looks like wouldn't change those requirements.  Or am I missing something?  Seems like a valid suggestion to me.