Game-Labs Forum

Incentivise capturing PvE ships.

With the recent change of the admiralty taking your captures, there seems to be next to no incentive to capture PVE ships any more.

It's much less hassle and earns good money to just blast them to pieces. I honestly cannot think of any reason why I would want to go through the trouble of capturing a ship after today.

I therefore have two proposals:

-Allow players to scavenge the ship for parts directly after capture, destoying the ship in the process. Allowing them to haul as much useful crafting components off the ship will be a nice boon.

It is historically defensible as ships were occasionally burned if the prize taker did not think sending a prize crew away was a good plan.

-Have a significantly increased drop rate for upgrade modules for each ship a player captures . This would incentive capturing and help out those of us that have never seen decent powder monkeys.

• Like 3

uh, I actually make a good 130K+ per mission against 2 3rd rate in my Pavel because I capture them.

If I only blast them I would only earn some around 60-70K per mission.

Haven't tried since the new patch but if the admiralty take your ship for the same amount of money as before (around 35-40K per 3rd rate) then I'll still earn the same. Actually, I won't have to move into every one of my port just to sell them.

Edited by Nalyd

Ultimately I would like to see capturing ships being rewarded more to encourage more authentic tactics for the period (maybe more xp or additional drops for capping). However, before any of this is done I'd like to see the boarding gameplay developed into some more interesting form and the AI being better prepared for it.

With the recent change of the admiralty taking your captures, there seems to be next to no incentive to capture PVE ships any more.

It's much less hassle and earns good money to just blast them to pieces. I honestly cannot think of any reason why I would want to go through the trouble of capturing a ship after today.

It never really was even before? (except 3rd rates).

You did it once, if you wanted to have a look at the new "technology".

I always preferred to "blow" AI up, as boarding was always a hassle and even doing so, I hardly sailed

those crappy-ships, replaced them quickly with Gold-ships and good upgrades.

No, PvP-boarding is the thrilling-action and a "masterpiece" to do so.

I managed it only once though... :blink:

Or some prostitutes...? ;)

Really, you are all getting "obsessed" with looking for ANY possble way

to boost your labour hour points...

Labor hours were tight before, now that you can't cap ships that actually give you some useful materials or use them for a few battles, ship supply is going to tighten and ship price will skyrocket.  Crafters may stop selling ships on the open market altogether since gold is kind of worthless.

If not labor hours, at least getting the scrap materials from the boats you cap would make it worth it.