Game-Labs Forum

If they added and limited new ships to the "factions" only, that certainly helped.

Helped who? Who gets the only 2nd rate in the game? Who gets the best chasing ship in the game? Which 2 nations are only ones to get 1st rates?

Nation limited ships - as of now - is a laughable idea.

• Like 1

1st rates: 2

2nd rates: 1

3rd rates: 1.5

4th rates: 1

5th rates: 6.5

6th rates: 4.5

7th rates: 3.5

They added 1 3rd rate and 1 5th rate. Truly - such top heavy.

Sheesh.

I was not talking about current ships, but what will be the priority in ships added over the next year -24 months or so. Edited by Justme

GALILEUS is Mr. Sarcastic...

The point is, that all the other ships are basically "redundant". At least the 7th rates.

6th rates? Shallow water PB, okay. But if you ask your clan leader which ship to take for

a PvP-trip what will he reply?

I have a Merc, a Trinc, St. Pavel, what am I going to take? Bring the St. Pavel Wilson,

we need firepower...

So, what is the point adding another 6th or 7th rate? They only will be used if they beat the Snow, Merc, NavyBrig

in PB efficiency.

Same with the new trader, I have it, but never sailed it. Why? I don´t trade anymore since the production buildings.

Nice to have...

Helped who? Who gets the only 2nd rate in the game? Who gets the best chasing ship in the game? Which 2 nations are only ones to get 1st rates?

Nation limited ships - as of now - is a laughable idea.

And what is so laughable about?

It is certainly not. If you followed the discussion, you were able to make a qualified comment.

But right now, you show no respect and piss me off with your commenting...

It is laughable, because as is there is not enough ships to provide each nation with a counter side-grade. Nations that get mercury, trinco, consti and reno get an amazing boost to a respective field with no chance for other nations to copy that kind of performance.

As is, there are ships that are top of the line in their own class. Splitting any new ships between so many factions - without a very solid base from which to base it off - is just bad. Either you limit the fashion-action ships to only one nation, or you provide it with a huge boost in efficiency. Both sides of this coin are ugly.

Not to mention, you limit the amount of people who can test your new ship. Silly thing to do in alpha.

I was not talking about current ships, but what will be the priority in ships added over the next year -24 months or so.

I see. Still, I don't think there is any reason to fear something like that as of now.

As it has been discussed, devs think about adding or restricting 1-2 ships for each nation.

They think about it. Providing each faction with unique ships is not feasible, technically not,

and n Alpha not reasonable.

Its gives an "incentive" to go and cap that ship, does not have to be special but the player´s "collector"

mentality will want to have it.

I have been asked by many, many Dutch friends, if I am going to sell them a Pirate Frigate (as playing Pirate),

and here we go, I set an outpost at La Mona and no one made the trip of  them (too long, no time), finally

I sold it there for 300k. (89k buy price).

Well, is sad to see that you are adding russians ships to this game but we have only one spanish ship. I like St.Pavel and The new  3rd rate (dont remember the name) but come on guys. This game is set in the carribean between 1775 and 1815 and we only have one spanish ship.

Spain was a huge naval force in the 18 century (and i don´t speak about 17th) and we have only 1 ship, we have 2-3 british ships 3 french ships and 3 USA ships and 3 russian ships, i think that russian ships dont make sense.

Spanish, british, Dutch and french ships should be the priority in development not for my personal idea, just for some historical issue.

I add some sugestions

Santa Ana 1st rate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_ship_Santa_Ana_(1784)

Rayo or Fenix 2nd rate

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayo_(1751)

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_F%C3%A9nix

Bahama 3rd Rate.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahama

Glorioso 3rd rate. Read his Story

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyage_of_the_Glorioso

I don´t add smal ships because you have some posts in forum so, youn know them.

Another suggestion

I think that for long time development each faction should have one ship of each class and be only able to craft by the faction members. But, for instance if a british or french or dutch player captures a Santissima and destroy it in harbour, will get the BP .

In that way we all can sail all the ships but it will give the game more histórical inmersion. For Factions that dont have 1rst or 2nd rates you can add a Russian Generic one.

For pirates, is anti-historical have ships of the line and even being a country but maybe their crews should have exceptional marines and boarding axes without upgrades, added as Extra crew, that don´t affect the gunnery, so pirates can capture ships and get BP too. of course this marines bonus is just until rank 5 or 4. (more will be OP)

So guys please tell me your point of view and please made a list like mine of brits, french, dutch... ships

Those second rates would be an excellent addition to the game

I bet the Diana and the Rayo at least would make a bunch of us happy.

Anyway, I wouldn't like this kind of request come out as egoistical whining. I am enjoying all the ships currently in the game. Personally I would like that NA had a bit more distinctive factions, this is something I appreciate in games. So in my opinion it is not a matter of whether Spain gets more designs or Dutch do.

I suppose it comes down to your design (normally impacted by cost) decisions. 

Will NA factions always be mainly generic or will someday have more personality and flavour? Most settings come with it to some extent, helping immersion, role-playing and emergent storytelling. From EVE to Mount&Blade.

For now in NA, you have symbolic distinction in Flags, port names, and a characteristic national product. How about the Pirate faction, how much "flavourization" may it go through?... So, would you like to continue that road further for other factions? Have you decided yet?

Thanks & regards.