Game-Labs Forum

Have some signals (flag) to put on ship to have a sort of "zone communication". Allows to select wich nation can watch the flag. Define a series of simple commands.

For exemple :

"Attack"

"Wait"

"I want to chat"

"Suivez moi"

"Group on me" ...

post-20946-0-17753200-1459697647_thumb.png

post-20946-0-46442300-1459697703_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I use chat but for zone order with allied nation or group it a good historical way to do it. Chat work good with group (-6), nation or clan. But we see in PvP the limit of it. 

Edited by Ungern85

Or you can use the chat...

Sometimes it would be more convenient to use a pre set order system, like in War Thunder for example. There were a lot of flag signals which would be historically accurate and handy at the same time.

There is a group chat, there is voip, there is a battle chat...

I would understand zone chat, but actual flags are something so unlikely to see use that it makes no actual sense to add. In mose scenarios I would expect them to do more harm than good - sparking arguments over someone not taking notice of flags.

As for historical accuracy - historically the battles happened for much longer, with a set hierarchy and chain of command, with people dedicated to communication and tactics. It's not really a great argument.

Am I right in saying that when all priorities are complete the ships and crews (graphics) will be improved. So more crew moving about and so on. Would it perhaps be possible to include signals in that. Obviously there are already enough ways of communicating with other captains, but just as an extra graphical thing to have signals run up and down every now and then during a battle. Obviously it's not a priority and I could take it or leave myself, but would be a nice suttle realism thing.

Edited by Morey

Im probably an extreme minority here, but i haven't heard a word of english in voice chat or seen any in battle chat during major engagements in months and i don't speak spanish. I don't mind as its fairly easy to see and react to whats happening around me, but waay down the road it may not be a bad idea. At the very least it would give a player some idea of who to follow and potentially what tack to sustain if that player does not speak the language. Its not something i would expect in the near future.

• Like 1

Even when signals are cancelled by voice, it would be a nice feature. 

Watching ship moving towards the enemy with "attack signal flag" is just awesome. And every small toy you add for the players is good thing to do. 

Edited by Porpoise
  • Like 2

Im probably an extreme minority here, but i haven't heard a word of english in voice chat or seen any in battle chat during major engagements in months and i don't speak spanish. I don't mind as its fairly easy to see and react to whats happening around me, but waay down the road it may not be a bad idea. At the very least it would give a player some idea of who to follow and potentially what tack to sustain if that player does not speak the language. Its not something i would expect in the near future.

Indeed, I'm surprised there's not more support for this from nations with heavily mixed languages spoken. It's not a perfect system, obviously, but then "not being perfect" isn't a good reason not to test it out since that's precisely why we're here in the first place. If it turns out to cause more grief than help then it's easy enough to remove later.

• Like 1

There is a group chat, there is voip, there is a battle chat...

I would understand zone chat, but actual flags are something so unlikely to see use that it makes no actual sense to add. In mose scenarios I would expect them to do more harm than good - sparking arguments over someone not taking notice of flags.

As for historical accuracy - historically the battles happened for much longer, with a set hierarchy and chain of command, with people dedicated to communication and tactics. It's not really a great argument.

The flag signals (like light signal) have always served and still serve at sea and not only in battle ,  it is so specific that I think the historical argument is valid. 

1386_3H.jpg

Edited by Ungern85