Game-Labs Forum

Oh dear... Pirates on PVP2 vs PVP1

Long Beard

What do you think PVP1 pirates? All of us fire over to PVP2 for a night, basic cutter swarm?  :lol:

Actually not totally 100% sure who you would find to swarm.

PVP2 brief history of time:

* USA squashes pirates.

* Pirates backpedal and squash all of France.

* Vichy France never forms -- it's 100% Charles du Gaulle.

* Pirates fight this for a while and then quit/change servers/switch teams.

* France takes all their stuff back. Pirates are reduced to literally just Mortimer Town.

* New pirates show up (rumor? USA players switch)

* New pirates retake homeland, smattering of pug USA defenders don't manage to stop them.

And there we are today.

Don't think the British are fighting them anymore or even located in the area. USA seems to be more focused on their Yucatan front mainly against Spain and somewhat on the Cuba front against the British(?). British are fighting the USA on one side and keeping the French in check on the other side while allying with the Dutch and ignoring(?) the pirates.

Will be interested to see what the pirates do next but so far as I know they don't have any serious enemies in their area fighting them right now, unless the USA has gotten organized recently.

What the PVP2 pirates probably really need is a boatload of cash to pay for port attacks. Will be interested to see if they open a new front against the British or try to push on to Florida against the USA but I would bet they are getting cash strapped now.

Most of the pirates on PVP2 went French or Swedish

OMG went French.

Other pirates (FC?) went Dutch and allied with the British.

Other pirates (Invictus, or maybe SIN? I don't remember) went British.

So far as I know nobody went Swedish. They are the same people that have always been there afaik.

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 1

Don't think the British are fighting them anymore or even located in the area. 

Mort has a bunch of Brit PvP players barking just outside the chain fence every night.

The don't seem to want to take ports as much as have fights with the pirates, who are more often than not happy to oblige, unless they are off in Cuba swapping ports with the Americans.

It wasn't so much as US players switching (as only about 11 changed over from USS afaik) but old players from BSO formed CURSE and new players that had just picked up the game for the first time formed DC.

Working together, DC and CURSE started taking ports with help from SSU, the American turncoats. After these clans had enormous success, more players saw the pirates' power again and made the switch. We see new names in chat almost daily now.

Then DC merged with CURSE, which is now the most powerful pirate clan on PVP2. CURSE repelled the British forces in Parrot Cay and near Mortimer. More skirmishes were reported afterwards.

It wasn't so much as US players switching (as only about 11 changed over from USS afaik) but old players from BSO formed CURSE and new players that had just picked up the game for the first time formed DC.

Working together, DC and CURSE started taking ports with help from SSU, the American turncoats. After these clans had enormous success, more players saw the pirates' power again and made the switch. We see new names in chat almost daily now.

Then DC merged with CURSE, which is now the most powerful pirate clan on PVP2. CURSE repelled the British forces in Parrot Cay and near Mortimer. More skirmishes were reported afterwards.

Let's be honest. You would never have capped anything from Ragged, Salina, and Mayaguana north if we hadn't swapped factions. Yes, you bought flags, and lost to us before we switched. Once we swapped, you bought flags when we told you we would show up, help you, and nobody would be defending since WE WERE a large portion of the defense that would have shown up. We were some of the most active people in the Bahamas for the U.S. and we swapped because it got boring waiting around for pirates to try and take something back. In other words, there was no pvp because USS had thoroughly beaten pirates and pirates gave up.  

After we swapped, we showed you how to beat the people that showed up to defend. Yes around 11 or 12 of us switched and all of us go to PB's when we're online. That basically doubled the force fighting in and around the Bahamas since CURSE is not interested in shallow water ports and generally does not participate in them. This simultaneously weakened the U.S. presence in the southern bahamas. 

Just to be clear, it really did happen (The Bahamas) because we went pirate. If we hadn't gone pirate you would not have any of the Bahamas north of (and including) Mayaguana, Salina, and Ragged Cay since we would be defending those ports along with other USS/USMC/etc.. CURSE deserves credit for taking the ports NE of mortimer (Inagua, Parrot, Lorimers, and east) but I believe SSU was there as well. 

Not to mention that we are the reason the pirates now own a victory and sunk another yesterday.  

I think we deserve more credit that you are giving us. Quite a bit more in all honesty. 

Let's not forget this battle. Each of us had two 3rd rates. 

YC6c8cv.jpg

Edited by snackbar
  • Like 3

I never meant any disrespect towards any of the SSU clans, and I want around back during the fight you mentioned. All I'm trying to say is things weren't getting done and I was trying to credit the people who made a culture shift in the pirate faction before we even met yall.

Yes, SSU played a big part in the bahamas. We thank you and it's been really fun playing with yall. Again, my post wasn't meant to discredit you at all. I was setting the record straight about the events that led up to our sudden success.

Most of the pirates on PVP2 went French or Swedish

You keep saying this, but keep ignoring the fact that the largest pirate clan rolled British after being beat by the French.  10 pirates went French, 20 went Dutch and 30 went British.  I know you've been told this before, but you keep saying this like it is supposed to be an insult.  It isn't and on top of that it is incorrect.