Game-Labs Forum

Lost a ship life.

Yeah I don't expect that, but it needs fixing at the base, if you get a drop, no insta kill.

The last time it happened, I managed to get back in really quick and finished the fight.

This time the wife was on the phone to the internet provider and they did a rest :(

Edited by Long Beard Ink

I made a suggestion in another thread that it would be better if your ship held current course and speed if player loses connection. Then there's maybe 5 mins to get back in before the ship stops.  During the DC, players could still engage your ghost ship, but at least it will buy you time to get your DC sorted and back in to the game.

I thought your ship disappears 2 minutes after the idleness warning kicks in?

Out of curiosity, I'd love to see your vid. 

After a DC in battle, I'm told your ship automatically stops and surrenders instantly thus losing you a dura.

I thought your ship disappears 2 minutes after the idleness warning kicks in?

Out of curiosity, I'd love to see your vid. 

Had another drop tonight, but wasn't recording this one, lucky for me I got back in quick and finished the fight.

Was a bit miffed off though, there was a fair amount of damage done whilst the Captain was away from his ship :(

I think this time it was steam, as in if steam reboots, it chucks you out of game.

If it starts getting regular, I'd be asking to run the game out side of steam as an option.

It should be handled like Elite Dangerous or Star Citizen handle it.

In ED: lose a ship, pay a fraction of cost to get it back. No money? Lose the ship forever.

In Star Citizen: pay insurance regularly just like real life. Lose a ship, get it back and premiums go up for a bit. No money for insurance? You aren't covered anymore until you pay up.

Insurance was already "a thing" in the Age of Sail, no reason not to have it in game.

I know it sucks to lose a dura from losing the internet connection. The likely reason that you don't just log out when it happens, but actually take a hit is because alot of people would pull the plug if they're losing and instead of losing the ship, disappear and then blame it on an internet drop.