Game-Labs Forum

Dragged into someone else attack... a confirmation windows is needed.

A little suggestion for the devs.

Can you, please, add a confirmation window when one is dragged into someone else attack? Is a little bit annoying getting dragged in random attacks when you are sailing nicely minding your own business :)

Hope it is possible to add it with the next patch.

Thank you

• Like 3

I am not sure which side you are arguing here so I will address both:

When a friendly is the aggressor: if you were true to your faction then when you see a teammate attacking another ship, you would want to assist as that is your duty as a warship captain. If you don't want to get attacked as much, join a PVE server, not PVP.

When someone who is not part of your nation is the aggressor: Then of course they are able to attack you without your permission, would ruin the point of PVP.

Respectfully, I never said that I would like to avoid being attacked by someone with the confirmation windows. I agree with you that it will ruin the PVP making it useless. I said that a confirmation windows will be nice when "one is dragged into someone else attack" and not that I would like to avoid being attacked. 

I also disagree with the second statement in your first point. If I am sailing on a trader, yes I would like the option NOT to enter someone else battle. What support can I give to my country mate when sailing in a trader?

• Like 1

Respectfully, I never said that I would like to avoid being attacked by someone with the confirmation windows. I agree with you that it will ruin the PVP making it useless. I said that a confirmation windows will be nice when "one is dragged into someone else attack" and not that I would like to avoid being attacked. 

I also disagree with the second statement in your first point. If I am sailing on a trader, yes I would like the option NOT to enter someone else battle. What support can I give to my country mate when sailing in a trader?

That makes sense, I didn't think about traders at the time of writing this post. And I didn't mean to come off as disrespectful in my post if I did, I apologize, I was just unsure of which side you were taking in this argument. The option does make sense if you are being pulled into friendly battles

Additionally, if I'm sailing a 3rd rate while a countryman in a Mercury attacks a trader brig, I don't really need to help him out and he'd likely not want me to anyway (or the other way if I'm in a Privateer and get pulled in to a frigate or SoL battle).  I fully support having a popup option when my country is the aggressor.  Great idea, Antonio_Pigafetta!

Its a big no for me. Battle instances represent the immediate area and anyone in that area should be sucked in no ifs or buts.  Its not hard to turn your ship around sail out of it. I would really not like to see the mechanic changed just because people want an easy life.

Its a big no for me. Battle instances represent the immediate area and anyone in that area should be sucked in no ifs or buts.  Its not hard to turn your ship around sail out of it. I would really not like to see the mechanic changed just because people want an easy life.

Yeah, but IRL you could just continue sailing without engaging the enemy. You can do that if you're pulled into combat but it's just waste of time.