Game-Labs Forum

Suggestion: "ghost" blueprints. You can see it but not build it.

I would like to see this put into the game and seems like a simple enough request:

In the ship crafting list, you can see ALL ship recipes (maybe there's a "Show All" toggle), even those you lack the ability to build. Those you can build work like normal. Those you do not have a blueprint for are visible and work like normal except you cannot actually do the last step of building a ship -- the final build button is grayed out.

Purpose:

Bob makes ships.

Jim wants a ship.

Bob only has so many labor hours to spend so he asks Jim to make all the parts and then Bob will do the final step.

Jim is a level 2 crafter but he still sees the Surprise he wants as a "ghost" recipe. He follows the recipe for all the parts he needs and then, on the final step, hands it all to Bob who actually assembles it into a ship.

Currently we do basically this with a 3rd party website to tell us the parts to build but it would sure be easier if this was in the game instead.

• Like 4

Bob and Jim should put their heads together and organize how to do it. BWA's crafters have worked together with the rest of the group to pop out ships for a week now. We just communicate and it all works out, so why shouldn't any other group, or nation for that matter, be able to do that?

Edited by Vardin

I imagine the first argument you're going to get will be "but you can look that up on teh internet!!1" but you're absolutely right, it'd be significantly easier to just have the ability to do so in-game, especially for those poor folk with only 1 monitor (how do they even live?!)

Edit: I stand corrected, the first argument was "be in a clan". Shows what I know.

Edited by Francis Tabernac
  • Like 1

Bob and Jim should put their heads together and organize how to do it. BWA's crafters have worked together with the rest of the group to pop out ships for a week now. We just communicate and it all works out, so why shouldn't any other group, or nation for that matter, be able to do that?

Yes we do that too but this would make it a lot easier and not require either 5 minutes of "okay now build 192 planks" over Teamspeak or the use of a 3rd party website on a second monitor.

Why would you oppose Quality of Life additions to the game?

• Like 1