Game-Labs Forum

Labour Hours rework idea.

So the problem with Crafting is it punishes higher level crafters Way to much. Getting 40 labour an hour at level 30 is a joke since ships start to require 2000 labour hours plus. And waiting a few days to craft 1 ship really puts me off of this game.

Right now this just feels like a Facebook game do my crafting once every 2 days then then undock for an hour kill or capture some ship then get bored.

Upping the max limit of the labour but keeping the same 40 hours or 45 labour isn't helping at all.

My idea is this 

Level 1-5 crafting

40 an hour max labour 1000

level  5-10

60 an hour  max labour 1300

level 10-15

80 an hour max 1500

level 15-20

100 an hour max 1700

level 20-30

120 an hour max 2000

level 30-40

140 an hour max 2500

level 40-50

160 an hour max 2800

The idea is to let people log in everyday and craft something but also limit the amount they can craft so in 1 day they cant make a 1st rate ship but maybe in like 3 days or with the help of others they can.

Also limit the durability from 5 to 3 maybe even 2 to make the market move a little more. I like the idea of a player driven economy but its really fast when your low level but once you get to a higher level the game seems stale, And for crafting it takes way to long to do anything which is a huge bummer since I like to craft.

This is my idea on Durability as well

6th rate and higher has 4 (To allow new players to learn)

5th rate 3

4th rate 2

3rd rate 2

2nd rate 1

1st rate 1

For the 2nd rate and 1st rate I've never seen then controlled by AI before so they cant be captured so 1 durability would be fair.

This is my idea whats your thoughts? like it hate it?

• Like 1

I agree the system needs some tweaking. I even suggested some labour regen scaling previously but it didn't get much attention: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/10063-make-labour-generation-scale-to-your-level/#entry178921

I also really like crafting things for people, have a supply chain set up for all my materials, only assemble the ships for maximum labour efficiency and find it pretty frustrating just sitting waiting for days to gather the labour to craft a single ship. I've got players waiting for up to 10 days for a ship and there's nothing I can do to speed that up. I could sell 10+ ships a day from the number of requests I get but can only make 1.

I'd rather we were able to make more ships per day as we levelled up but would be ok with some cap on things for the SoLs as I can understand why they wouldn't want them being churned out too often.

I think the current durability is ok, I'm already having trouble making enough ships to match demand. Maybe with labour changes it would be different but I cant see that as being a popular change. :D

Well right now its so boring i hardly ever login and this is a problem for the game as a whole This game is worse then Archeage with its labour and that's saying something.

I have random people asking me for ships plus my clan plus the enemy Everyone wants ships but I am unable to build them

And just sitting here is SOOOOO boring even gathering the mats is more entertaining.

Please fix this....

I also see not a lot of people care about this topic but whine when they have to wait 3 days for a ship and by the time i can craft it there already in the next ship and want that one now and its like Welp you have to wait again.....

Then there in the next ship and at this point its like F*** it. talk to me when you need a triny or something.

The weird thing is i like the RNG or ship BP's btw

My suggestion to a rework of work hours, are based on how the workforce are in real life, I’m not basin this on an economy that use slave labor, this might in some cases have been used in the Caribbean at this time, but its political not accepted for some reason^^ also in this case we are generally talking about trained labor.

In real life a city would have a certain amount of inhabitant and therefore labors, if a city had 5.000 inhibitors then maybe 1000 of those would be people whose work we would be able to use for shipbuilding and manufacturing. Those would work 12 hours a day so that would put it to 12000 labor hours a day that we can use in this size of city.

This number as it is are static, nothing will change that right now( a mechanic to increase this we can put in later and I will take it up further down)

With a static number of work hours on the marked, we can now start to give those workers a job as a major shipyard I need his service so I’m offering him 50 cent an hour this would be a fair price I thought but the labor don’t need to take the first offer he gets he actually got a whole day(indgame time) to decide on my offer, and in this time a competitor will be able to place another offer for the workers labor. The competitor has in his offer said he wanted to pay 80 cent for x amount of hours, if more labor hours are available I would then get what I could of my offer, so I would get x amount of labor hours for 50 cent, but if enough competitors had put offers in better than mine, then I would not get a single labor hour, because i clearly were too stingy with my coins.

So in a town with a lot of competitors the price of the labors would go up significantly, so the price for producing stuff in this city would increase and so would the sell price of ships and other produced items. So as a stingy merchant that would rather sail 1000 miles then to pay those greedy labors a fair salary I change my production city to a small local community on the other side of the world, the community might be only 500 in size but I got all the labors for myself and can now offer my low salary to those wild people and they will take it(maybe not with a smile)

Back in the large city the price has gone up a lot ( not all are as stingy as me) and it is known all across the ocean that in this time you as a labor can earn a good living, so workers start to move their family to the big city and so the amount of labor hours slowly increase, but only up to a certain degree, you can only press so many people into the same amount of space, so to increase the size further the lord protector would have to build and in other way expand the city and this will for every expansion become more expensive.

This in my opinion would make a lot more options in the game variable.

Edited by Foidewall

I hope the current system is simply a placeholder and that those hours in the future translate into Manufactoring power in game hours ( tied to Manufacturing plants and shipwrights levels ) and costs involved with the manpower.

If not I agree that a highly regarded crafter ( high level ) would attract more manpower to work on his/her projects and therefore provide more manpower hours.

Well right now its so boring i hardly ever login and this is a problem for the game as a whole This game is worse then Archeage with its labour and that's saying something.

I have random people asking me for ships plus my clan plus the enemy Everyone wants ships but I am unable to build them

And just sitting here is SOOOOO boring even gathering the mats is more entertaining.

Please fix this....

I also see not a lot of people care about this topic but whine when they have to wait 3 days for a ship and by the time i can craft it there already in the next ship and want that one now and its like Welp you have to wait again.....

Then there in the next ship and at this point its like F*** it. talk to me when you need a triny or something.

The weird thing is i like the RNG or ship BP's btw

Yeah I hear you. I was the first in my nation on the PvE server to get the Trinc BP and within a few minutes I had 10 orders. That's 10 days of just waiting on hours for the same ship. I had to close off my queue and stop taking orders or it would get out of hand. I still get 2-3 orders a day I need to turn down. After a week folks on my wait list started asking for connies and 3rd rates but I couldn't even start to look at those as I was still working on Trincs so hadn't discovered the BP for the 3rd rate yet. I love crafting, setting up deals and making things that people want so atm it's pretty frustrating that there isn't anything I can do to improve the process and crafting is simply watching the hours slowly accrue. Port buildings might help a bit with the addition of shipyards but I'm not sure yet what that'll entail. Hopefully it'll also involve more crafting game play and not just more waiting.

Yeah I hear you. I was the first in my nation on the PvE server to get the Trinc BP and within a few minutes I had 10 orders. That's 10 days of just waiting on hours for the same ship. I had to close off my queue and stop taking orders or it would get out of hand. I still get 2-3 orders a day I need to turn down. After a week folks on my wait list started asking for connies and 3rd rates but I couldn't even start to look at those as I was still working on Trincs so hadn't discovered the BP for the 3rd rate yet. I love crafting, setting up deals and making things that people want so atm it's pretty frustrating that there isn't anything I can do to improve the process and crafting is simply watching the hours slowly accrue. Port buildings might help a bit with the addition of shipyards but I'm not sure yet what that'll entail. Hopefully it'll also involve more crafting game play and not just more waiting.

I hear ya same thing with me

I hope they do something because its Really boring right now.