Game-Labs Forum

Thank You For This Game

With all the complaints and vitriol out there I wanted to give you the perspective of a very satisfied customer.

1) Gameplay - I am very much enjoying Naval Action, especially the grind (which to me is a very valuable apprenticeship). I have been pleasantly surprised several times. Ship fires, explosions, cannon smoke, capsizing, and ramming are all fantastic and well implemented. I enjoy the option of manual sails and would like to see more sail options (royals, etc) perhaps as an upgrade or add-on.. I know more ships are coming and I am excited by that as well. I am a former PotBS player and was disappointed by their "magic" abilities and am overjoyed to see this game focused on realistic Age of Sail combat.

2) Graphics - The ships and world are beautiful. I am occasionally struck by this in the middle of combat, usually to my detriment :) I am looking forward to ship customization (flags, paint, figureheads). 

3) Economy - A point I wish many would understand is that this is Early Release. This isn't intended to be perfect right now. I am appreciative of the fast feedback, even if I don't agree with all the changes. I have confidence the team will make it right in the end. I am enjoying building ships and how difficult that is and am really looking forward to port production and port investment in the future. I like having a stake in the future. 

Overall, thank you for making this game. Six months ago I was resigned to the reality that no one would make a game such as this as it does not have teabagging, powerups, and twitchy game play. Thank you for dispelling that cloud. I am very appreciative of your realistic approach to the game balanced with playability. I just wanted to give you some positive feedback for a change and let you know you're on the right track. 

• Like 17

With all the complaints and vitriol out there I wanted to give you the perspective of a very satisfied customer.

1) Gameplay - I am very much enjoying Naval Action, especially the grind (which to me is a very valuable apprenticeship). I have been pleasantly surprised several times. Ship fires, explosions, cannon smoke, capsizing, and ramming are all fantastic and well implemented. I enjoy the option of manual sails and would like to see more sail options (royals, etc) perhaps as an upgrade or add-on.. I know more ships are coming and I am excited by that as well. I am a former PotBS player and was disappointed by their "magic" abilities and am overjoyed to see this game focused on realistic Age of Sail combat.

2) Graphics - The ships and world are beautiful. I am occasionally struck by this in the middle of combat, usually to my detriment :) I am looking forward to ship customization (flags, paint, figureheads). 

3) Economy - A point I wish many would understand is that this is Early Release. This isn't intended to be perfect right now. I am appreciative of the fast feedback, even if I don't agree with all the changes. I have confidence the team will make it right in the end. I am enjoying building ships and how difficult that is and am really looking forward to port production and port investment in the future. I like having a stake in the future. 

Overall, thank you for making this game. Six months ago I was resigned to the reality that no one would make a game such as this as it does not have teabagging, powerups, and twitchy game play. Thank you for dispelling that cloud. I am very appreciative of your realistic approach to the game balanced with playability. I just wanted to give you some positive feedback for a change and let you know you're on the right track. 

I could not AGREE more with this . . .Well done and Cheers to the Developers and the founding community of players.

One thing I forgot:

1) Current navigation model is fantastic. I VERY much enjoy not having a map marker of where I am. This adds a great element of mystery to the game as well as requiring people to give relative positions when spotting the enemy. The only thing I would add is the option to obtain latitude via sextant at noon each day. That's it. I love this navigation model!

• Like 2

Great post! minus the paint..I really and truly don't want to see black, purple, orange, and pink ships running around .

Great post! minus the paint..I really and truly don't want to see black, purple, orange, and pink ships running around .

What about yellow with purple polka dots?  :lol:  :P  :rolleyes:

Current navigation model is fantastic. I VERY much enjoy not having a map marker of where I am. This adds a great element of mystery to the game as well as requiring people to give relative positions when spotting the enemy. The only thing I would add is the option to obtain latitude via sextant at noon each day. That's it. I love this navigation model!

Same here. No gps or radar.

I agree on some of your points but not all.  I like the gameplay, combat is good, but it is pretty slow at times.  The graphics really aren't up to par for a game with a 2016 or 2017 release,  to have the recommended graphical settings all you need is a okay computer from 5 years ago, and that's probably being pretty generous on my part.  I do see the economy being very good but it's hard to justify asking people to pay 40usd to play/test an unfinished game when most games on release can usually be had for nearly that.