Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2] - Battle of the Florida Straits - USA vs Pirates

Cpt Blackthorne

Not many people like to report their losses, however, this was indeed a well played battle by both sides. (Below is just a role play with no harm intended by names.)

After losing the port of Mantanzas, Cuba to pirates, and the following influx of this scourge into the free port of Key West, the US knew it was only a matter of time before these rats would strike a plague on the Florida coast. With intuition, a small fleet of 4th and 5th rates headed to the lost Cuban port from Key West with intent to blockade. Another small fleet of 4th's thru 6th's headed to do the same at Remedios; another port recently lost to pirates.

After much time, and subsequent second-guessing, reports slowly began to trickle in of movement from the black nation around Cayo Romano. And then another report from Key West of a massive fleet of 1st rates were setting sails. Quickly a small force from the Keys was assembled to delay whatever actions were about to unfold. However, the US interception fleet could not dispatch enough of a response fleet to quell this potential attack on the mainland. The black sails of 1st rates made off, headed south.

The US sent a scout to follow the rats providing information of their movements. Being known that a small force of 4ths and 5th would have no chance to commence a battle with so many 1st rates, the Mantazas blockade group headed west to get out of sight of the rats in hopes of hiding the true numbers of US ships. During this time, a larger US fleet was gathered at Key West with intent to intercept before the rats could lay siege on mainland soil.

The rats arrived at Mantanzas and prepared their invasion of Cayo Biscayno. To which the US responded in haste, sending the main Key West fleet due east, another small fleet headed south from Biscayno. The two small blockade fleets began the pursuit, chasing the 1st rate fleet north toward the Keys.

Just southeast of Islamorada is where all US fleets converged on the pirate fleet. The battle was long and brutal. In fact, two battles took place, one after the other. It was messy. It was ugly. The US lost the battle not being able to damage the heavily modified 1st rates, but won the war with time maintenance, overall preventing the rats from laying siege on Florida.

1Lfsf5m.jpg

Good game to all.

Results in the spoiler

8yCBOGQ.gif

Edited by Cpt Blackthorne
  • Like 3

Werwolf here.

Yes, this battle was a TON of fun! Maxxed out battles, 30+ people on TS at once..... what a great fight. BLACK clan put up one hell of a showing, and came ready to party. We lost this time, but I haven't had that much fun since.... well, since ever. Am I seeing that right Blackthorne? We were the only two with kills? I paid for mine with my Bellona...LOL...  and sorry to oldcrankyman for ramming the crap out of him :)

07 BLACK clan for the great fight, 07 fellow USA PVP2 for the incredible showing. 

Edited by Vonjager
  • Like 2

Its just a matter of time before the rats win.  We have lost too many players to the pirates and they now outnumber the USA, not only outnumber, but all have bigger ships than us.  I wonder how many people from other nations went pirate.  The pirates are all rocking first rates.  It is just a matter of time before they encroach onto US soil and the gulf.  The pirates have way more first rates than us. 

I also lost my victory to bullshit leaking mechanics that Zep the Black keeps abusing.  May as well not even show up anymore to fight.  I am always being sunk by leaks, doesnt seem to matter if my ship is heeling or not, get next to zep, I sink.  doesnt matter wind direction, or whether I depower or not.  25 leaks when I was depowered and sailing into the wind.  Even with Master Craft survival handbooks and an extra pump, I couldn't recover.  This abuse of game mechanics, or strait up cheating makes me really really want to quit the game.

• Like 1

Its just a matter of time before the rats win.  We have lost too many players to the pirates and they now outnumber the USA, not only outnumber, but all have bigger ships than us.  I wonder how many people from other nations went pirate.  The pirates are all rocking first rates.  It is just a matter of time before they encroach onto US soil and the gulf.  The pirates have way more first rates than us. 

I also lost my victory to bullshit leaking mechanics that Zep the Black keeps abusing.  May as well not even show up anymore to fight.  I am always being sunk by leaks, doesnt seem to matter if my ship is heeling or not, get next to zep, I sink.  doesnt matter wind direction, or whether I depower or not.  25 leaks when I was depowered and sailing into the wind.  Even with Master Craft survival handbooks and an extra pump, I couldn't recover.  This abuse of game mechanics, or strait up cheating makes me really really want to quit the game.

It comes from 1100 plus hours in the game, many many battles, understanding wind, position, angle, distance, what kind of guns, what kind of ammunition and what kind of ship you're facing.

Devs are free to check my account, steam account or even give me a call. There is no cheating.

Learn from the fight, please stick with the game.

Zep
  • Like 4

All I can say it was an epic battle, most fun ive had in a long time. GG USA but dont de-rail a good fight with accusations, we had good tactics and positioning and team work. Win some lose some. 

Ultravis all I can say is upgrade from Mastercraft man. Exceptional gear is worth it, also if you were in the VIc you got focused fired bro thats all it was.

• Like 1

I've been reading this forum for a long time and have not seen others post on a leak mechanic exploit. If there is one, we need details of what it is and how it is used. One thing I can say is that their armor seemed as though they had 4 extra planking upgrades as I could not pen in any manner I would normally use. hehe. I think we need to better manage out ships line-up and how we use each rate in battle. We should have won that battle, taking all of their ships. 2-3 4th rates vs 1 1st rate should always win, and those seem to be the numbers we had. It is time we utilize battle commanders, one for the upper rates and one for the lower rates. This is how I always commanded WoT battles, but appointing a combat officer for the heavies and one for the mediums/lights.

• Like 1

It comes from 1100 plus hours in the game, many many battles, understanding wind, position, angle, distance, what kind of guns, what kind of ammunition and what kind of ship you're facing.

Devs are free to check my account, steam account or even give me a call. There is no cheating.

Learn from the fight, please stick with the game.

Zep

There are a few things ruining the gaming experience, at least from my perspective from the pirate nation.

1)  It is way too easy to go pirate in this game, which I have tried to bring up under suggestions but was locked.  

My biggest issue is cowards like Cheesefurher and his group strait up abandoned USA after cowarding out of a battle.  He was shunned for his actions and his excuse was "we didn't bring our big ships to the battle”, but the problem is, we don't have many people high enough level to pilot those ships, and high level crafters are now becoming a rarity in the US nation.  Him and his crew along with my group were the big ship owners.  We brought our bellona's, pavel's, and him and his group were also in similar ships, he saw that the enemy joining the battle had 2 or 3 first rates and he escaped the battle leaving us hanging and grossly lop-siding the balance of the battle (a 25 vs 25 mostly constitutions and ingermanlands with 5 or so Bellonas and higher).  Now he's in your clan [black], you took a coward, who is high level into your clan and outfitted him with a big ship, thats great another group of players lost!.  But that is not all, we also lost Cheetos, who was also a high ranking player who went and joined the pirates, and several other players.  I don't know how many other nations have lost players to the pirates, but I can clearly see this becoming a problem.

2)  It doesnt seem to matter what I do, I have been sunk by you several times now, if I depower before you broadside, I sink, if I go to battle sails, you still sink me, if I put planking on my ship with an extra pump, you still sink me.  This has been going on and on for months.  For some reason, I can never seem to get more than 3 or 4 leaks in similar situations where you somehow manage to get so many leaks, I cannot recover from.  There have even been situations where, I received more leaks than you have cannons to shoot which is when I started to suspect foul play.  It has gotten to the point where I really have little interest in playing the game, it's like "ohh its zep the black, ohh hes chasing me, theirs nothing I can do, I am just going to sink, op theirs the leaks, GG."  I am just sick and tired of it.  If its not cheating, then it is obviosly an exploit in the game mechanics.  Full health ships have been lost due to ridiculous sinking mechanics.  The victory loss last night was straight up ridiculous!  I am sorry, I even saw your broadside coming, I depowed and stopped turning my ship.  I was almost dead into the wind, and you still somehow managed to get 25 leaks into my ship and sink me.  

3)  The pirate nation continues to grow, and not just grow from players joining, but from high ranking players able to pilot ships of the line.  Our nation is in decline, and the pirate nation is now in a position to take whatever they want.  You "claim" to be the underdogs in your posts, but it is quite clear, especially after last nights battle, that the pirate nation is now the biggest and strongest nation with what seems to be most of your players outfitted in first rate ships.  

4)  Your ganking squads on the east coast have been crippling for new players.  I remember back when I had a 3rd rate, a ship I simply could not afford to lose because I had no way to replace it lost due to a ganking squad at sunbury.  These ganking squads are very crippling and have cost players huge.  This is also something I have brought up in the suggestion forums, the 2 minute battle timers being a very bad thing for this game, but I appear to be in the minority in allowing rampant 5v1 ganks along the coast near nation's capital.  When I lost my 3rd rate to your little gank squad, it took me 2 weeks to recover from that.  I had no ship to do missions with for a while.  I can see how it is very enticing for players to just simply go pirate.  

Edited by Ultravis

There are a few things ruining the gaming experience, at least from my perspective from the pirate nation.

1)  It is way too easy to go pirate in this game, which I have tried to bring up under suggestions but was locked.  

My biggest issue is cowards like Cheesefurher and his group strait up abandoned USA after cowarding out of a battle.  He was shunned for his actions and his excuse was "we didn't bring our big ships to the battle”, but the problem is, we don't have many people high enough level to pilot those ships, and high level crafters are now becoming a rarity in the US nation.  Him and his crew along with my group were the big ship owners.  We brought our bellona's, pavel's, and him and his group were also in similar ships, he saw that the enemy joining the battle had 2 or 3 first rates and he escaped the battle leaving us hanging and grossly lop-siding the balance of the battle (a 25 vs 25 mostly constitutions and ingermanlands with 5 or so Bellonas and higher).  Now he's in your clan [black], you took a coward, who is high level into your clan and outfitted him with a big ship, thats great another group of players lost!.  But that is not all, we also lost Cheetos, who was also a high ranking player who went and joined the pirates, and several other players.  I don't know how many other nations have lost players to the pirates, but I can clearly see this becoming a problem.

2)  It doesnt seem to matter what I do, I have been sunk by you several times now, if I depower before you broadside, I sink, if I go to battle sails, you still sink me, if I put planking on my ship with an extra pump, you still sink me.  This has been going on and on for months.  For some reason, I can never seem to get more than 3 or 4 leaks in similar situations where you somehow manage to get so many leaks, I cannot recover from.  There have even been situations where, I received more leaks than you have cannons to shoot which is when I started to suspect foul play.  It has gotten to the point where I really have little interest in playing the game, it's like "ohh its zep the black, ohh hes chasing me, theirs nothing I can do, I am just going to sink, op theirs the leaks, GG."  I am just sick and tired of it.  If its not cheating, then it is obviosly an exploit in the game mechanics.  Full health ships have been lost due to ridiculous sinking mechanics.  The victory loss last night was straight up ridiculous!  I am sorry, I even saw your broadside coming, I depowed and stopped turning my ship.  I was almost dead into the wind, and you still somehow managed to get 25 leaks into my ship and sink me.  

3)  The pirate nation continues to grow, and not just grow from players joining, but from high ranking players able to pilot ships of the line.  Our nation is in decline, and the pirate nation is now in a position to take whatever they want.  You "claim" to be the underdogs in your posts, but it is quite clear, especially after last nights battle, that the pirate nation is now the biggest and strongest nation with what seems to be most of your players outfitted in first rate ships.  

4)  Your ganking squads on the east coast have been crippling for new players.  I remember back when I had a 3rd rate, a ship I simply could not afford to lose because I had no way to replace it lost due to a ganking squad at sunbury.  These ganking squads are very crippling and have cost players huge.  This is also something I have brought up in the suggestion forums, the 2 minute battle timers being a very bad thing for this game, but I appear to be in the minority in allowing rampant 5v1 ganks along the coast near nation's capital.  When I lost my 3rd rate to your little gank squad, it took me 2 weeks to recover from that.  I had no ship to do missions with for a while.  I can see how it is very enticing for players to just simply go pirate.  

Man I didnt bother reading your essay, only read the first few lines.

What the hell does this have to do with yesterdays battle?

Name calling accusations make you look like a sore loser.

Grow up kid.

We aint the biggest bro, USA has more numbers but from what people have told me half of them are stuck in PvE land fishing. We are well organised minority. You took on 1 clan not the Pirate nation.

The guys didnt start escaping till at least an hour in the battle.

• Like 2

I tend to think not, and certainly not more Brits than pirates. However, if the US has more players than the pirates, more than half of them are newbs ranked lower than Flag Cpt, as you can see in the spoiler results.

I can tell you that Brits and US have way more numbers, you only got to see the PB who is turning up and see the activity around home ports. Ive sailed to Charlestown and Kingstown and there is alot of activity.