Game-Labs Forum

Clan warehouse improvement to stimulate cooperative play

Why

The clan warehouse with just officer access makes its use too limited to be used utilized by the clan, especially with limited playtimes and with smaller clans which not always have officers online. Also theft is a concern for some people or a nightmare of user rights management screens to wade through when a clan warehouse is only implemented with access rights.

What

The the clan warehouse could be improved into a clan warehouse combined with a simplified clan commodity market adding clan set buy and sell prices for the goods accepted through trading with the clan warehouse. This will not make the clan warehouse just useful for officers, but also for players in the same clan that are in different timezones or gaming schedules.

The improvements suggested

• Add a commoditywallet for the clanwarehouse which officers can add or detract from.
  • Let the officers set a buy and a sell price for each item moved through a clan warehouse.
  • (Optional, let the officers set the goods being accepted in the clan warehouse).
  • All members can move stuff freely in the warehouse getting the set buy price per item (unitl the warehouse is full or the warehousewallet is empty.
  • All members can retract stuff freely from the warehouse paying the set sell price per item (until the warehouse is empty for those goods)
  • the small profit margins are for the good of the clan and the transparency and easiness it is to exchange goods with your fellow clanmembers.

Suggested way forward

• use this system to have the clan invest in clan warehouse improvements
  • use this system to have the clan open more warehouses across the caribbean
  • use this system to further improve cooperative gameplay
  • use this system as an example to interact with the European market also at certain locations in the caribbean (like freeports).

I intentionally kept the suggestion in a small scope for hopefully an earlier implementation. You may add further suggestions of course as always, but the things above would be something I'd love to have implemented as soon as possible.

Edited by Lytse Pier
  • Like 4

I would like a clan shipyard

if they build it like a shop instead of like a warehouse it would be better design.  you can always set the costs to zero to make it a warehouse but adds capability. 

In regards to the ships, just take the ships button away make it part of the shop and have a maximum number of ships of say 20 in there and the problems go away do they not?

Charge for a clan Tradepost to open up the resources tab

Charge extra for each tab including an upgrades,ships tab.

At a future date they could add rental to the tabs if they wanted to

and they could add cap limits and a crafting button to the materials tab if they want to allow craft hour use in the shop by combining the craft functionality to the shop.

just seems like a no brainer that this would have been the best and cheapest development avenue as all the mechanics are there.  even database wise you just set up the shop as a shop the same as the AI version but create a new key that relates to the clan.   setup a basic ui tied to a new rank called shopkeeper which is an officer but also has access  to price changes

officers can bypass to assist people if they choose to withdraw gold then buy the items at clan rate then you have a log of both the cash  transaction and the shop prices are not tainted so you can scrip an economy and you can have basic logging via the API as shops can be seen.

Using the API you can also create a clan rank by applying a weighting system to item values and then clans can actually have a clan wealth rank via a website.

Really everything about this leads to a win for the developers if they would just listen to people instead of half arsing their way through things

ill just write up a UI spec for them so they see it

My grumblings come from a desire for the game to succeed and be awesome so rather than just pointing out shortcomings ill try and give them solutions in a polished manner

Edited by Fastidius
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For me it would be just fine if the game shows event log for the clan warehouse. This way commanders can see who donated the clan and what was withdrawn.

Sorry for the late reply, I hadn't checked into this thread for a while.

I don't agree. Doing this without a cooperative mechanism means still it is something of trust instead of cooperation. Not having my suggested proposal will probably work for a small group of persons, but not for a large clan that has different playtimes of people. Investing in a small improvement as described above will leave a possibility of players working towards a mutual goal without the threat of being screwed over by a person that is up to no good. The suggested mechanism still leaves the possibility to nick all stuff from a clan's warehouse, but not without a form of compensation. The clan still has to rebuild, but by leaving money in the wallet and having the means to rebuild means it won't be the blow that kills the clan.

Edited by Lytse Pier