Game-Labs Forum

DELAY going from ZERO SAILS

I really would like to see the delay increased for Going from Zero Sails back to dead-slow or above.

This would be more accurate and Diswade some of the STOP campers from just sitting and or using stop as a BRAKE.....

Maybe just increase the Sail delay all around....?  Time it takes to change from 1 sail state to another....

• Like 10

+5000

I love it when other people arrive independently at my major wishlist items.

The way I see it is: Sail transitions have to be faster than in reality for gameplay purposes. However, the ability to easily go to and from 0% is a major irritant and balance problem. This particular transition should be punished by dramatically longer transition times.

With the caveat that making sail at the very start of a match should be fast. Ie, the 0%-25% transition goes fast only the first time you press the button.

• Like 3

I couldn't agree more with this. Played a match today where it was mostly brigs, except for one trinc. The trinc would maneuver himself into a favorable position, stop, and act as a moveable artillery emplacement. It got annoying really fast, especially when he sat upwind, immobile, and rained down shots upon us.

+1 for this suggestion. It's a no-brainer.

• Like 1

A guy in my clan does this (or use to). Ive called him every name in to book for this (not really) and keep telling him in the future it will take longer to put his sails back up and both fleets will be gone (I hope).

UPVOTE it to give it more weight!

I like the idea and yard control is getting even more important.

I like every bit wich makes lazy and unrealistic gameplay punishing.

The game is easy enough in terms of sailing (when you spent some time learning and mastering it). No need to make "not sailing" easier than sailing