Game-Labs Forum

Different skills

Sorry if this has been mentioned before

Kind of like PoTBS, you get to choose a class and have different skills.

(no, i dont really want this to happen, but I`m saying it so Leroy doesnt suspect anything)

-edit-

I myself am not really into skills. I like it, and I dont. But, I think it would be "neat" for some people, as I`ve only suggested this to help the "MMO" side of the game.

Edited by Echo4890

Didnt say I liked the skills.

Some people are like omg lets make it like LoL and WoW lolol

Though I believe I have heard that the game was going to be an openworld mmo, and I think a small asset such as this is basically in every MMO game.

Hence, if we dont have this in the game, here comes Leroy Jenkins with his baseball bat.

Edited by Echo4890

Chromey: (we should make it so you left click enemy ships then push 1 to broad side, 2 to demast , 3 to shout (demoralize debuff) , then 4 to board.  1 and 2 work well but 3 and 4 are good too. 5 is repair aura.)

Too easy.

That`s sort of like the app "Pirates and Traders"

Edited by Echo4890

Well...you did start the post.  But if we were to explore different skills, within the realm of realism, there is more than combat I suppose:

TRAVEL & NAVIGATION (For use in open world map):

• Different crew focus for sailing (?)
    • You sailing folks are going to have to chip in for what these types of focus might be...
    • If in Calm seas your focus might be different from that in rough seas (eg, have a crew focus on battening down hatches & etc...again, I need real sailors out there to fill in the potential opportunity for crew focus)
    • Exploration crew focus (?) while exploring?
    • Crew focus fishing (this should be more of a pass time, versus food replenishment (?)...
    • Crew focus Ration (when stores are low...stretches out food, but impacts moral)
    • Racing (maybe different than sailing?...need input from sailors)
    • Navigation, versus Scouting (increase slightly, field of view),
    • Crew focus Blockade to increase attack range (requires you to be at zero speed to implement)
  • I don't know enough about other open world aspects...but if you're read something, perhaps there are other crew opportunities.

COMBAT RELATED:

• We know surrender is coming... But what if this was a crew focus?  Are there activities that must happen in a sequence to surrender (prob not...just raise the flag?)
  • Honestly...I'm not sure if there are any other combat related focuses I'd want, but it is of benefit to pose the question.

If pushed to say "What else "could" there be, we can look at other non-fictional skillsets that are realistic.

Edited by Grim DeGrim

So I am the shouter here:

No magical skills whatsoever.

Devs said this, too. This is not gonna be EvE or potbs. We captain the ship. We are nor magicains.

Crewmanagement is already a part of the game wich influences the shiphandling passive. And it will get a bigger role in the future. For that I am sure since damage model 4 will require crewmanagement between the different decks.

This subject has been talked over a lot times now. years ago, too. So I am pretty damm sure no magic will happen to Naval Action.

we should make it so you left click enemy ships then push 1 to broad side, 2 to demast , 3 to shout (demoralize debuff) , then 4 to board.  1 and 2 work well but 3 and 4 are good too. 5 is repair aura.

I hope this is a troll. Realism is a key feature of the game, standing and shouting at someone while cannons are flying, boys as young as 12 are being cut in half with a cannonade and snipers picking off your officers won't get you very far. 

NO SKILLS!

I hope this is a troll. Realism is a key feature of the game, standing and shouting at someone while cannons are flying, boys as young as 12 are being cut in half with a cannonade and snipers picking off your officers won't get you very far. 

NO SKILLS!

Im quite certain he was ironic...