Game-Labs Forum

Suggested Patrol Zone Update

I propose that we open up all patrol zones every day. This would allow players who don't want to sink millions into ships to participate in patrol zone combat daily. I also think it would bring more players over to the pvp side. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sverne said:

I propose that we open up all patrol zones every day. This would allow players who don't want to sink millions into ships to participate in patrol zone combat daily. I also think it would bring more players over to the pvp side. 

Uhm what?

Issue with PVP zones is massive ganking, 7vs1 or similar, where RoE does not work, and not lack of PVP.

For developers it seems to be more important polishing the surface, than developing working RoE or new content, so yes, NA is boring at the moment.

Not sure to open them all, all the time would do a different. But Sverne have a point for the one in the shallow. Think The DLC ships there have changed the fights up there. But what would happend if it would be open every day, will ppl lose interest ore keep comming and fight there. I was there yesterday and had some small and boring(gank) fights. But before the day ended we had 2 good fights. Big fight against the US gank fleet, and later against 10 man Dutch gank fleet. In both fights players from all nations joined the fight and we had 2 good fights. Then we went out and ganked I think 3 britts, when the russians joined on there side. Ended up with another good fight, even the fact we where outnumbered 6 vs 11. But was a hole evenning of fightning. Guess some of the cassuals also had an nice evening, nobody had time to hunt them in the safezone.

But I do think it is because of the DLC ships it happens and not because of the RoE in the patrolezone. 

Is DLC ships a good thing. I let it be up to every one to make there own decission, But I do think the numbers online and fight in the Shallow went up the day we could buy them.

Edited by staun

I think this would be great. 

However battles need to close after 10 minutes in these zones. 

I had a one vs one against a trinco in my endy a few days back.   After 20 minutes I was pretty much dead, starting to take on water.  A bellona jumped in on my side at this moment.   The trinco having repped and being down on sails also fairly battered at this point had no chance at all.  I sank so he got that at least but he should have won and sailed away... Instead the bellona gets free pvp marks. 

This kind of stuff happens constantly. 

Edited by beagleplease
  • Like 1