Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
pandakraut

UI and AI Customizations Mod V1.4

Recommended Posts

Yes, the gog version has the same files...I added the game to steam and then tried running it through the steam app, but that didn't work either.  I had to restore the original Assembly-CSharp.dll to get the game to run again.

I wonder if I delete the game and try to re-install through steam if that will work?  I'll have to see if that's even possible.

Thanks for taking a look!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GoG version must be updated to latest patch. This is going to be done soon. Until then, the player can use a previous version of the mod.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the clarification.

I've added two prior versions of the mod back into the main post. 1.0 works with UGCW 1.09, 1.1 works with UGCW 1.10. Hopefully one of those will work with the GoG version until it is updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting...I didn't realize they were releasing any more updates/patches for the game.  Thought work was finished...good to know.  Thanks for the replies, I'll try 1.0!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

heya, I just deleted the mod folder then checked the integrity and replaced the mod files and then installed the 1.3 of this. After the first battle as confed my general leveled up to 2 stars instead of leveling up to 1 star

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, madmatg said:

After the first battle as confed my general leveled up to 2 stars instead of leveling up to 1 star

What difficulty was this? That would be expected behavior if you are playing on MG or Legendary for this mod. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was MG, oh I thought it just leveled the general up to a 1-star after the first battle. I'm silly I didn't read through the whole thing just thought it would be the same as the other ...🤦‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to keep any balance changes to an absolute minimum with this mod, so that's why you still get a MG here compared to in the rebalance mod. I think I have a solution for getting both perks selectable, just need to get around to implementing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated to 1.4:
- The player's starting general will now have all perks selectable after the initial battle.
- The player's idle skirmishers will now fire at units in range when hidden without a direct fire order.
- Implemented new damage degradation curves so that adding more men or cannon to a unit will always result in higher damage. 
- Added a configuration file at Ultimate General Civil War_Data/Mod/UIAICustomizations/ConfigFile.csv.
- Added config setting timerMultiplier. Decimal value can be updated to increase all in game timers. Defaults to no change.
- Added config setting endOfDayMultiplier. Decimal value can be updated to push back each battles hard end time. Defaults to no change.
- Added config setting replaceSizeDegradationCurves. Boolean value to enable the new damage curves. Defaults to enabled. 

The changes to damage degradation will result in larger artillery and skirmisher units doing significantly more damage. 
Since the intent of this mod is to provide quality of life improvements and fix minor bugs without changing game balance this change is able to be disabled.

The timer and end of day settings are intended for players who dislike how the game timers work. 
If you would like less pressure from the timers I would recommend a setting of timerMultipler, 1.3 and an endOfDayMultiplier of 1.1.
This will make defensive battles harder as it will take longer for reinforcements to arrive.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Express said:

Can you combine this with surrender mod? Surrender mod + UI MOD?

Which specific feature are you looking to be merged? Several of the UI features are already included in the Surrender mod or are implemented differently by that mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, pandakraut said:

Which specific feature are you looking to be merged? Several of the UI features are already included in the Surrender mod or are implemented differently by that mod.

Sorry for bad english, but I'll try to explain.

In surrender mod is no(have not) UI optimization, like this

Quote

- Weapon tooltips updated in camp and in battle to to display Accuracy high value. Simplified, the starting point of the damage calculation is a random value between Accuracy Low and Accuracy High * Weapon Damage.
- Weapon tooltips updated to display collateral radius and ammunition cost.
- Weapon range arc color changed to white to increase visibility.
- Artillery range arcs will now display canister and shell shot ranges.
- Artillery descriptions updated with some context on how effective cannons are at various ranges to provide insight into how the damageDegradation curve affects the base stats.
- Weapon tooltips updated to show actual weapon range for rifles. The better the rifle the more effective it is at longer ranges with the exception of repeating rifles which are more effective at medium ranges. For more details see http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/26142-hidden-mechanics-and-weapon-damage-degradation/

 

It will be nice to add this UI optimizations to Surrender Mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Express said:
Quote

- Weapon tooltips updated in camp and in battle to to display Accuracy high value. Simplified, the starting point of the damage calculation is a random value between Accuracy Low and Accuracy High * Weapon Damage.
- Weapon tooltips updated to display collateral radius and ammunition cost.
- Weapon range arc color changed to white to increase visibility.
- Artillery range arcs will now display canister and shell shot ranges.
- Artillery descriptions updated with some context on how effective cannons are at various ranges to provide insight into how the damageDegradation curve affects the base stats.
- Weapon tooltips updated to show actual weapon range for rifles. The better the rifle the more effective it is at longer ranges with the exception of repeating rifles which are more effective at medium ranges. For more details see http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/26142-hidden-mechanics-and-weapon-damage-degradation/

 

It will be nice to add this UI optimizations to Surrender Mod.

I'll talk with WVPM those changes don't conflict so adding them should be possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×