Game-Labs Forum

UI and AI Customizations Mod V1.9.2

10 hours ago, statesrights said:

A quick question:  seems like all muskets and rifled-muskets now all have the same range (M1861 springfield before was 400 yards!).  Does this mod make all muskets the same?

No changes were made to weapon ranges in the mod, the tooltips were just updated to show the actual range of infantry weapons in game. Nearly all infantry weapons have a range of 300 for game balance reasons.

• 3 weeks later...

Updated to V1.5
- The tooltip in the top left of camp will now display Difficulty: Legendary when appropriate.
- Perk tooltips now properly display all bonuses the perk provides.
- Several perks had missing perk bonuses. Since additional bonuses cannot be added, minor stat increases have been replaced with the missing unique bonus.
- Endurance Course(all), Tactical Training, Short Range Training, Long Range Training, Sharpshooter(skirmishers), Horseback Riding, Cavalry Training, Reconnaissance Course(cavalry), Shock Cavalry are affected.
- Horseback Riding had it's unique bonus changed to Accuracy since the Endurance Training speed bonus applies to both mounted and unmounted units.

• 2 weeks later...

Pandakraut —

Have you had reports of the ui and ai  mod creating duplicate units?  One of my 3 star brigades appears to have been duplicated in the camp screen, but I can’t deploy it in the field.  Also in the camp screen if I disband the unit, I can not longer put 6 brigades in my division.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jpburns said:

Have you had reports of the ui and ai  mod creating duplicate units?  One of my 3 star brigades appears to have been duplicated in the camp screen, but I can’t deploy it in the field.  Also in the camp screen if I disband the unit, I can not longer put 6 brigades in my division.  

I've never seen that in any mod or the base game. Does the unit have the same officer as the one it duplicated from? The same battle history?

Any other details you can provide like what happened to the original unit in the battle prior to the duplicate unit appearing? Any other mods you've installed in the past? 

Yes it has the same officer and battle history.  One oddity i've noticed with the duplicate unit is occasionally it appears to become "Invincible"  It will take 0 losses in a battle.  Also i've noticed in camp if I change weapons on one, the duplicate one gets the same weapons.

Division.PNG.e827250f4fe03887aa8b5c0f71668474.PNG

unit2.PNG.23c478251b05eb5902aabc48f39b0ec4.PNGunit1.PNG.62f14b10460d70c6c8f8019a518c51ec.PNG

Looking back thru my save history, it appears to have happened either before or after 1st Franklin somehow.  Also this is the first mod i've used.

Edited by Jpburns

Can you transfer one or both units to a different division to try and split them up? Or just get the duplicated unit into a slot you don't need? Worth trying moving the division to a different corps as well.

My initial impression is that this is unlikely to be due to the mod changes. This one has no unit duplication type changes, though even the Rebalance mod does that outside of camp. Based on what you've described it sounds like somehow a unique got duplicated but kept the same identifier. Though that only would explain some of the things you are seeing.

If you want to send me a save I can poke around a bit, but best case scenario maybe I can find a way to delete the duplicate.

Yes when I split them up into different corps it at least lets me use one of the units.  I moved one to my 3rd corps and kept the other in my 1st corps.  In the deployment phase pre-battle it show the unit listed corrected, but after starting the unit will change from 1st Corps to 3rd Corps.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 10:40 AM, Jpburns said:

Yes when I split them up into different corps it at least lets me use one of the units.  I moved one to my 3rd corps and kept the other in my 1st corps.  In the deployment phase pre-battle it show the unit listed corrected, but after starting the unit will change from 1st Corps to 3rd Corps.

Any chance you did that between stages of a multi-day battle? Moving units around occasionally produces odd behavior, possibly resulting from the base game's logic regarding force disposition and unit placement on continuation. 

Are the tooltips bugged for the Firearms / Marksman upgrade for two-star infantry, or are the actual perks bugged? Firearms indicates +10% firearms, -10% Accuracy and Reload, while Marksman grants +10% to all three (the tooltips are also missing a % sign, not that it matters). Since the latter two are hidden stats I have no idea which is the case.

Edited by BHunterSEAL

1 hour ago, BHunterSEAL said:

Are the tooltips bugged for the Firearms / Marksman upgrade for two-star infantry, or are the actual perks bugged? Firearms indicates +10% firearms, -10% Accuracy and Reload, while Marksman grants +10% to all three (the tooltips are also missing a % sign, not that it matters). Since the latter two are hidden stats I have no idea which is the case.

The tooltips are correct, these work the same as in the base game. Firearms perk reduces your damage but speeds up your reload. Marksmen increases damage but reduces your reload speed.

1 hour ago, Lt. Gen. James Longstreet said:

pandakraut, does your junior officer replacement mod work with this UI and AI mod and can it be added?

This mod is not compatible with the Rebalance mod. I don't have any plans to add that feature to this mod as it is basically just an unofficial patch + some UI conveniences. The mod should mostly have the same balance as the base game, so adding new features doesn't really fit in.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Lord Gareth said:

Doesn't work with GOG on Mac version :( After copying files, if I start game it will hang on opening screen. 

That likely means the config files are not in the right place. Have you already tried the Mac install instructions that have been posted before? I have limited internet access currently so my ability to help is limited.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the mod and it seems to work except for a couple things:

I had selected Colonel difficulty, is this why I still was a colonel after battle and had no points to spend? I thought that we got auto-promoted after first battle.

Unit perks like endurance course still just says +5 stamina and +10% run speed, I though run speed didn't work and was replaced with something that did?

Oh and do we gain weapons from captured troops by default with the mod, or do I need to enable it somewhere?

Edited by Jorlaan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jorlaan said:

I had selected Colonel difficulty, is this why I still was a colonel after battle and had no points to spend? I thought that we got auto-promoted after first battle.

This is expected on colonel. The way the perk select change works, the officer just doesn't get them assigned for the battle. A colonel won't have any so they'll still need to gain xp. This is different than the method I used to use as a workaround and I should update the description to match.

Unit perks like endurance course still just says +5 stamina and +10% run speed, I though run speed didn't work and was replaced with something that did?

For Cavalry there was a horse speed perk which was changed to accuracy.

Oh and do we gain weapons from captured troops by default with the mod, or do I need to enable it somewhere?

This is enabled by default

6 minutes ago, pandakraut said:

For Cavalry there was a horse speed perk which was changed to accuracy.

It was an infantry brigade, one of the two starter brigades already had endurance course selected. I would normally not take this as it apparently does not work. So does the infantry one then just need to be avoided still as all it effectively adds is stamina?

Thanks for the quick response!

It was an infantry brigade, one of the two starter brigades already had endurance course selected. I would normally not take this as it apparently does not work. So does the infantry one then just need to be avoided still as all it effectively adds is stamina?

The infantry perk in the base game was missing the speed bonus. The mod added the bonus back on for infantry and skirmishers you should get the speed bonus for them now.

Updated for V1.6

- Weapon tooltips have been updated to show a damage range instead of accuracy low, hi, and base damage.
- All weapon tooltips now have a Range Damage Multiplier section which shows the modifier applied at short, medium, long, and max range. Cannon will also display the modifier at 100 range. These provide snapshots of how effective a given weapon is at various ranges. Short, medium, long, and max correspond to 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, and maximum effective range for each given weapon. So short range for rifles is 75, while for the 20pdrs its 500.
- The player's skirmishers on hold position will now fire at units in range when hidden without a direct fire order.

Edited by pandakraut

thank you for the mod

I think it more suitable that Horseback Riding may be speed + 15 bonus and effective + 5 bonus (different from Endurance Training)。

Horseback Riding is unique for cavalry,and speed more import than  accuracy for cavalry. 😀

Edited by blacksolar