Game-Labs Forum

In game lag and low FPS recently

Sir Texas Sir

As the tag said recently (think after the last windows update I did last week) I been getting really bad FPS in OW.  LIke down to 2-6FPS when I normally get around 40-60 with three to five games going at once, but I get the same low FPS with all games shut off but the main one.   When I check my task manager the game is using insane amount of Memory and GPU.   It's never used so much before as this game actually runs a bit on the low side for most games.

I'm running:

i7-4720HQ CPU 2.60GHz clocked at 2598 MHz so not over clocked

16G Ram

980 with 4G ram (through Alienware graphics amplifier as it has a 980M on board).

Windows 10 Pro (10.0.16299) 

I run the game on the Laptop 17" 4K monitor but have two 27" 1080p Monitors set up too on the side.

My ping is normally 140 and it seems to be staying the same lately.  I normally get around 60 FPS in OW and it will drop down to 40 in battle unless it's a big 25 vs 25 SOL port battle I seen it drop to like 20 when a lot of tolks are shooting so it can handle the game and that is normaly with 1-2 other copies running in the back ground.  Now I can't even run one copy and I'm still getting the low FPS in OW and battle.

It's making it where I haven't been able to really get out and play the game other than to log on and do econ the last couple of days.

If any one else having these problems and found a solution let me know.

26 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Check GPU and CPU temps while playinh, update GPU drivers, try to turn off Vsync.

I'll test it after down time, but I think you might of got it.  I don't know why my vsync was on but just turned it off and the guy on OW went up to 31 FPS.  

Yep went through the ones still logged in and removed vsync and put three of them on OW and got 30-40 FPS which is about normal when I'm running multi games.  I'll bring one online after the reset and it should be up to 60 by itself.  Thanks figure it was something stupid I was missing or had reset it self.