Game-Labs Forum

PVP mark Multiplier for ship BR.

Ever since pvp marks were introduced we see more and more larger ships in open sea and less small frigates like surprises, renommes etc

I was in a battle with shallow water ships yesterday and got 1 kill and 5 assists. I got 5 pvp marks for that battle. This is a joke imo and the last time I will pvp in a shallow ship because its a waste of time. I suggest a system that gives you marks based on how big the ship is compared to your ship.

An example would be if it were a 1v1. 

50BR vs 50BR = 7pvp marks

100BR vs 100BR = 10pvp marks

250BR vs 250BR = 15pvp marks

500BR vs 500BR = 20 pvp marks

500BR kills 100BR= 5pvp marks

100BR kills 500BR=30 pvp marks

I think people get what I'm getting at here. 

Another good system is an overall battle bonus mark multiplier to punish gankers and encourage fair fights.

5000BR vs 5000BR = pvp marks x1

5000BR kills 10000BR = pvp mark x1.5 

10000BR kills 5000BR=pvp mark x0.5 

I get at the end of the day it is cheaper to farm alts but for the majority of players better overall. It also gives new players more rewards for pvp in small ships and doesn't force people to sail wasas and bellonas around all the time.  

• Like 11

Marks (combat and PvP) need to be based of damage done, not just if you sink the ship or not. 

You (devs) want to encourage PvP, but there is little incentive for a new, inexperienced player to get out there and do it. You are hinting around the idea with the new tiered reward for PvP missions. Extend the concept to all PvP

1 mark per 500 HP damage give. add a 1.0x multiple bonus for getting the "kill" credit, and a 0.5x multiple bonus for getting an "assist" credit.

Also, this would give marks for boarding and capturing ships, not just sinking.

Everybody would then walk away with something.

Edited by BPHick
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, SKurj said:

One thing that I don't get is how a surprise that costs 60k is worth 8 pvp marks...  assuming a pvp mark is worth 200k thats 1.6m plus gold, combat marks and exp...

PvP mark selling for 200k is not set in stone - it's supply and demand. Apparently people don't pvp enogh, else supply would be higher, therefore lower price.

Players are lazy and prefer grinding save PvE and buy their marks for more as a result.