Game-Labs Forum

How do repairs work duration v amount

Kubrat

Question

Hi

Could someone tell me or point me to a post please regarding how repairs work.

When I hit repair, does that :

- heal for an absolute amount spread over a variable duration depending on how quickly i can get crew on the bob

- heal for a fixed duration, with the amount of heals depending on how quickly I get crew on the job

- some combination or variation on the above

TIA

10 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, Kubrat said:

Hi

Could someone tell me or point me to a post please regarding how repairs work.

When I hit repair, does that :

- heal for an absolute amount spread over a variable duration depending on how quickly i can get crew on the bob

- heal for a fixed duration, with the amount of heals depending on how quickly I get crew on the job

- some combination or variation on the above

TIA

You have a base repair rate 

25% base hull

25% base rig

so when you hit a repair you will use the number of hull reps or rig reps required to repair that amount

each hull repair/rig repair (item) = 100 hp

so if you have 10000 hp you will repair 2500 hp on a repair and will use 25 hull repair items.

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan
  • Like 1

I think you are missing a parameter... the crew.
I think that you repair more hp if you:
1) Have all the Repair stations full
and 2) Fill the repair stations quicker.

So... you repair more hp with a Boatswain than without it because you fill quicker the repair stations.
@admin Is this correct?

Edited by Suricato Rojo
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2018 at 10:25 AM, Suricato Rojo said:

I think you are missing a parameter... the crew.
I think that you repair more hp if you:
1) Have all the Repair stations full
and 2) Fill the repair stations quicker.

So... you repair more hp with a Boatswain than without it because you fill quicker the repair stations.
@admin Is this correct?

No, repair amount stays the same, you only repair quicker with more crew on repair.

In a matter of fact more crew in certain circumstances will give you less actual amount if you during repairing hits 100%, that's why if you are fleeing and taking rigging shots, you want as little crew as possible on repair if you keep hitting 100%, as the rep will still tick but no actual hit points are added. 

Edited by TrackTerror
  • Like 2

On 2/12/2018 at 7:32 PM, RedNeckMilkMan said:

You have a base repair rate 

25% base hull

25% base rig

so when you hit a repair you will use the number of hull reps or rig reps required to repair that amount

each hull repair/rig repair (item) = 100 hp

so if you have 10000 hp you will repair 2500 hp on a repair and will use 25 hull repair items.

So if you have a perk or mod that increases your repair percentage above the base 25%, you’ll use more repairs per instance?

2 hours ago, TrackTerror said:

Yes, amount of repairs you use is dependent of amount of hitpoints repaired. 

No, the amount of repairs used is dependent solely on the base repair requirements.

Basically to use Redneck's example. My base rate is 25 hull repairs used per repair instance on my 10000 hp ship. Without perks, I will use 25 repairs and repair 2500 of my HP. With a 6% repair buff I will still use 25 repairs but will repair 2650 hp. Make sense? At least this has been my casual observation. I will test it this evening when I get home.

Edited by BPHick

1 hour ago, BPHick said:

No, the amount of repairs used is dependent solely on the base repair requirements.

Basically to use Redneck's example. My base rate is 25 hull repairs used per repair instance on my 10000 hp ship. Without perks, I will use 25 repairs and repair 2500 of my HP. With a 6% repair buff I will still use 25 repairs but will repair 2650 hp. Make sense? At least this has been my casual observation. I will test it this evening when I get home.

your base rate is dependent on your hitpoints. 2 different ships with same hitpoints will require same amount of repps.

With 5% repp buff you should be using 5% more repps then unmodified, but please try you made me unsure, and let us know,

If this is rounded up or down I don't know. So test using a ship where 1 rep is equals or more then your bonus.
(5% bonus rep on a ship that requires 20 repps for a normal cycle would then require 21) Also try with a ship where 1 rep is more rounded such as a 5% on a 15 rep ship.(which is less then 1 rep) and see if the former adds a rep but the latter doesn't.

Also try to figure out if the using whole INT's or floats/double values, this got quite interesting now.

Edited by TrackTerror
  • Like 1

Ok, I tested it (with just the perk; with the perk and a perm. module; and perm, module, and book, and no repairs)

Here's how it works:

Hull repairs repair 100 HP per kit.
Rig repairs repair 110.000002384186 HP per kit
Rum repairs 1 crew per kit.

Per use, the number of kits used in battle are as follows:

Hull Repairs: I can't figure out because it repairs everything. Based on just trying different combinations, I consistently get ~6% of the sum of all armour/hull HP.
Rig Repairs: not less than 25% of your sail HP (i.e. if you 2 kits would be 20%, but 3 is 30%, you will use 3 and repair 30%).
Rum: not less than 25% of your Crew (see rig repairs, extra crew does factor into this).

The bonuses don't change this base value. What they do, is when used they added a percentage bonus to those base per kit values. For example, the 6% repair from the carpenter perk repairs 107 HP on sides, bow, stern, and hull structure (so the 100 per kit is a bit misleading), the Rig repair did the same, and the Rum repaired 1 crew (which it actually didn't). 

So my thoughts are, the reps and bonuses are not interger or even fixed, but I would presume single-precision floating point numbers.

• Like 1