Game-Labs Forum

Officer Perk idea - Cannoneer

Howdy all,

So how many times have you been in battle, got into your chosen position in respect to the wind, started turning to broadside... and then realized that you loaded/are currently loading the wrong ammo type? Damn scurvy bilgerat guncrews! Fortunately, your officer is a Cannoneer(many other functions)!

This man has spent a long time around naval artillery , and has become adept at changing cannon ammo without ruining the powder/packing. At least, not too badly...

-Removes/reduces the reload time penalty when switching ammo types in mid reload/after fully loading.

A very simple perk, but an effective one for dummies like me :)   

+1 i screw up ammo type all the time lol. This would be interesting for situations like when you hear a boarding prep whistle blow from a nearby ship and you have ball loaded and want to switch to grape to crew stomp the would be boarder. It would give captains more options in critical moments of battles where time is often the enemy of fleeting decisive opportunities.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 1

+1 i screw up ammo type all the time lol. This would be interesting for situations like when you hear a boarding prep whistle blow from a nearby ship and you have ball loaded and want to switch to grape to crew stomp the would be boarder. It would give captains more options in critical moments of battles where time is often the enemy of fleeting decisive opportunities.

Great point, Potemkin! I've been there, done that... LOL

*sigh* Are perks really going to be about making mistakes not matter in battle?

Honestly, I had not thought of that either, and it a completely valid point. I suppose my idea could be viewed as a get out of jail free card for that particular screwup. I am a stickler for realism,  and I appreciate your input because it is a valid point.

• Like 3