Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Short announcement on the 1.5x BR reinforcement limit

Recommended Posts

We had more good fights in the 1.5 time the ever before. The large scale battles you get anyways, called pb and in front of pb. The open sea is very nice with a 1.5 BR in small scale without beeing surrounded.

Surrounded is fine, outgunned is mehh but both together is to much.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep OW PVP unregulated.  Keep it simple.  1,5 did the following:

 

-Took away the scare factor of the OW players.  Reduced planning needs for OW.  Scary is fun.

-Gave players an extra escape as they could attack a NPC fleet and get away because of BR difference.

-Made no difference in counter tag mechanics as anyone with smarts could figure out to counter tag to make escaping easy.

-Reduced fun of group play (very bad for an MMO) as buddies would be left out of battle if not in circle or would have to sail out of circle to enter at reinforcement and then could not because of BR.  Had a couple of times where my shipmate was still under the invulnerability mechanic and could not join even after sailing to the edge.  Mechanic reported unable to join (due invulnerability) then reported too close...he sails to the edge and oh BR is to high...three times to be told you can not join a battle...silly and reduced value/fun of game.

 

 

Get rid on the ridiculous circle of confusion around battles. It makes no sense reduces OW PVP fun.  Reinforcement position needs to be as it is on the OS when battle starts.

Every regulation placed on OW PVP reduces entertainment value of game.  Regulations on OW PVP makes Regulated PVP and not OW this reduces value/fun of game.  

 

OW PVP is supposed to be difficult to figure out; 80% of it is in the planning before you leave port the other 20% is smarts.

 

Steam charts paint a pretty clear picture.  RVR was goofed up by the reinforcement exploit that was not addressed until too late.  Those that did the exploit were allowed to keep ships.  = loss in player base.

BR and circle of confusion came on line the next month. = loss of player base.

 

Keep it fun keep it simple reduce regulations of OW PVP.  Listen to the few at cost of player base.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Steam charts paint a pretty clear picture.  RVR was goofed up by the reinforcement exploit that was not addressed until too late.  Those that did the exploit were allowed to keep ships.  = loss in player base.

BR and circle of confusion came on line the next month. = loss of player base.

 

Keep it fun keep it simple reduce regulations of OW PVP.  Listen to the few at cost of player base.

 

They are losing players because they are making too many changed at once. 

 

To be a good experiment, you need a control. Not test two theories at once and remove the control's purpose in the process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi dev, 

 

I m a pvp player only and i play with the rules you give to us ! 

 

there is two main problems actually that i think you have to fix .

 

1 The size of the engaging cercle is to big .

 

2 the positional mechanic that you had implement is the worst things for people how dont want to get gank ! it now to easy to catch some one so i dont think is good to avoid ganks lol .

 

anyway hope that will help you 

 

see you in the open sea captains 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×