Game-Labs Forum

Splitting stacks in hold during battle instance

Anolytic

I've had some issues/bugs with looting ships in battle instances. 

First off I discovered that the weight of oak logs in the hold is different from what the splitting tool calculates. So when I tried to split a stack of ~149 weight to fit in the 150 weight hold of my basic cutter I ended up with 163 weight even though the splitting tool said the weight was 148. This confused me a lot, but I tried to still work it out by splitting off a few more logs from my stacks. Then I discovered the next bug. It was impossible to split off individual oak logs. If I chose a stack of everything but 1 log, the minimum stack I could get out of it seemed to be 2 logs. Scratch this part. I just watched my own video and realized my mistake.

At this point I said f it and put everything in my hold, pressed exit and then left the battle. To my slight surprise this caused no issues. I was able to leave with my hold 120% full, enter OW and sail into my capital port to leave the prized loot. 

Later I looted another AI trader and got some really heavy goods. I was able to stack about 300 weight worth of loot, between 2 or 3 different types of resources, into my hold and sail back to my warehouse with all of it. My basic cutter must have been stacked full of goods both under deck and on deck. How it didn't sink under the immense weight I do not know. All is well that ends well.

Still, I'm asking if this is intentional or not. Are we supposed to be able to loot Indiamans with a basic cutter and sail all the goods back to port?

I have a short video of my observations:

Edited by Anolytic

10 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

I've had some issues/bugs with looting ships in battle instances. 

First off I discovered that the weight of oak logs in the hold is different from what the splitting tool calculates. So when I tried to split a stack of ~149 weight to fit in the 150 weight hold of my basic cutter I ended up with 163 weight even though the splitting tool said the weight was 148. This confused me a lot, but I tried to still work it out by splitting off a few more logs from my stacks. Then I discovered the next bug. It was impossible to split off individual oak logs. If I chose a stack of everything but 1 log, the minimum stack I could get out of it seemed to be 2 logs. Scratch this part. I just watched my own video and realized my mistake.

At this point I said f it and put everything in my hold, pressed exit and then left the battle. To my slight surprise this caused no issues. I was able to leave with my hold 120% full, enter OW and sail into my capital port to leave the prized loot. 

Later I looted another AI trader and got some really heavy goods. I was able to stack about 300 weight worth of loot, between 2 or 3 different types of resources, into my hold and sail back to my warehouse with all of it. My basic cutter must have been stacked full of goods both under deck and on deck. How it didn't sink under the immense weight I do not know. All is well that ends well.

Still, I'm asking if this is intentional or not. Are we supposed to be able to loot Indiamans with a basic cutter and sail all the goods back to port?

I have a short video of my observations:

Did your basic cutter have guns? They weigh about 14 - the difference you mention.

You can overload ships in battle. I haven't worked out what the limit is, but if you are allowed to overload it seems you are always able to load the entire stack. You can sometimes load an additional stack of something else if you are overloaded, but eventually you won't be able to add anything.