Game-Labs Forum

Tagging roulette?

Karpfanger

Hello,

some days before we were screened with a full 1rst rate fleet in front of Castries.

There were some of our screeners around and so we were more than 25 people.

... so what happend?

25 ships were dragged in the battle ... except two of our 1rst Rates from the middle of the blob ... unfortunally one of these was my 1rst Rate ... at the end we were gangked by the rest of the screening fleet ... and it ended for me i a big, nice explosion.

Don't understamnd me wrong ... good screening ... but how does this system work? How the decision was made, who in the blob was dragged in and who not?  Is it random?

Regards

Berend

This happened to us too, only without any hint of a 25 player limit. When we defended Basse-Terre (not the last time, but the time before that) our defense fleet sailed out of port to join the PB. At least 25 of us were in OW and we all had been for more than 20 seconds. One first rate was tagged by a small offensive screening fleet of frigates and about 15 1st rates were dragged into battle. The frigates had almost exactly 1/5th of the BR of the ships that they dragged. But they should not have been able to drag anyone since we were more ships around than what was dragged. I had a clan mate in front of me and one right next to me. Both had been in OW a few seconds longer than me and definitely weren't invulnerable anymore. And yet I was dragged and they weren't, even though they were between me and the tagging ship.

If the fleet that's tagging doesn't have enough BR to drag the whole fleet within the tag circle, that shouldn't allow the tagger to just selectively drag and split the enemy fleet, leaving the rest of the fleet to get ganked. There's something wrong with the system as it is now.

Maybe I understood wrong but weren't the 25 dragged into combat versus 25 and the rest got left behind ?

I'd say the 25 that were dragged, unless totally random, might be selected by the system by "similar" BR versus enemy or simply by distance to tag circle ( small one ).

10 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Maybe I understood wrong but weren't the 25 dragged into combat versus 25 and the rest got left behind ?

I'd say the 25 that were dragged, unless totally random, might be selected by the system by "similar" BR versus enemy or simply by distance to tag circle ( small one ).

In my experience with the bug that was not the case.

Beginning of this video. We were at least 25 in OW - without invulnerability or anything to affect the tag. 18 of our players got dragged. The taggers had a BR of 2230, so couldn't have dragged 25 1st rates. The 18 ships that did get dragged had a BR of 9860, so right about 5 times that of the taggers. But there were ships around me both in front and beside me, that definitely were within the tag circle, definitely weren't invulnerable, and whose BR should have been calculated to the equation to make the tag fail. Instead only part of our fleet was dragged into battle.

• Like 1

Okay, we have an answer from the Developers.

Instance pulls ships, in the case we have here where the instance is overflow it is easy to understand, is always relative to distance.

Attack instance should pull people from the center to outside of circle, there is no such thing as a roulette but odd perception of what happened might occur due to calculations versus what we are seeing.

Measuring is precise server side - and we are looking at pixels we might see 2 ships that can be fairly close but may not get pulled in do to visually imprecise positioning relative to others

For example, a ship might be  pixels away from center on server and we are seeing it in center in the client due to slight delay.

Hope it helps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rediii said:

Maybe some guys just exited the port and therefore were not dragable into battle so only 18 got dragged.

Or it's a weird thing connected to the signal perk.

That was my initial assumption, but first of all I was one of the last ones to leave to open sea, and we discussed it after the battle and I had captains right next to me who were not invulnerable and who saw ships get dragged around them on all sides and yet did not get dragged themselves.