Game-Labs Forum

Maintainance

PredatorVKCa

Hi admin/game designers/maintainance team.

We buy a game for an amount, to play and have some fun and unwind. But why o why do they always do service and maintainance on a gad dame WEEKEND????
 We work hard and when we actually get chance to have some down time and enjoy what we bought the do repairs and upgrades etc on a Saturday morning when im actually free for a good few hours.
You have all week to add this stuff when most are at work. Shouldn't priority be to have everything running smooth for when people can actually play....

Thanks for the loss of my free time which I don't get much of...

The maintanance is to make sure that everything is running smooth, this game is still in alpha, maintanance is required and if 1 hour everyday of maintanance is too much for you(i have said this to many), maybe the game isnt for you at the current stage.

Predator. A lot of MMO style games must go down for maintenance to maintain the database and tweak things. Another is World of Warships for example.

I imagine it will change as things get along to release as at the moment this is early access not a finished product.

I myself am hit by maintenance every week night during my prime time here. I would urge you to be patient.

The maintenance is a daily thing, it's not just on weekends, the time of maintenance is being looked into, and will likely be be changed either 2 hours before hand or 2 hours ahead of what it is now, also you have to understand as this is an Alpha, the downtime should be expected to add/change things that are or are not working

Regards

Would you prefer it go down for 5 hours + due to lack of maintenance I for one am very happy that they keep on top of it & more often than not its only an hour a day but I guess its the same old story whatever they do it wont please everyone.

I understand why it has to go down but when is my issue. Where is the maintenance run from? If its an update to run then why cant it be in the "quiet period" of the day?
Or run them Friday before the evening and then Mondays and onward. Its a rhetorical question. And yes I know its Alpha but we still paid for the game and my point stands. I have little free time to actually get a game so it a pain for me.
On the plus side im enjoying the game. But will see how much I can play due to work and maintenance to see if I stick with it...

BTW, my post wasn't to start an argument but the timing really does suck.