Game-Labs Forum

First thoughts on the Game

R.E.B.Blunt

First off I wanna say this game is Awesome!

I have so much I wish to Ask and Talk about. This game has the makings for greatness!

The real deal will be if you go Multi-player and how.

For the really large battles I did not find that speed was too fast but that I had too much to do. Be nice if there was a Multi-player so you can have 2v2 or 3v3 games. That is what made Sid Meier's Gettysburg great. Not just playing against others but having a team to work together.

Also I discovered with the way artillary is set up they work best spread out not bunched together. For some reason the guns don't seem to fire as frequently when bunched in one spot.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Perhaps a way to solve the changing of the Brigade formation problem would be to able to Detach Regiments from the brigade. When fully attached they are in double. But detach and you can make them into single. Realism is key I do believe. Create a max or 6 regs for each brigade. Instead of just one big Brigade. Like Davis most his troops did not arrive the first day. But in this game he is at full strength.

Also I had one bug where on the Third day I started with only Iverson Brigade. But I could see the smoke from my cannons just could not see the cannons or move them or any more of the Army of Northern Virgina. I quit and restarted and they were there, but just wanted to say that happened to me.

Also I have noticed If i kick the AI arse and push them back below Gettysburg too early in the Battle they lack the will to launch a counter attack and by the end of second and beggining of third day I just end up sitting there for next days watching them do nothing.

Again this game has a nice breath of fresh air.

Been Following you Darth since Medieval Totalwar.

Keep up the great work Ill keep giving you my money.