Game-Labs Forum

Convert a trade ship into a normal ship

I'd like it if you could take a trader and swap out some of its cargo space to up-gun it to the amount of guns that the warship version carries. These refitted traders might still be weaker than a purpose-built warship of the same class, but since it'll likely be new players that will be doing this, it may give the new guys an edge early on. A new player can capture a trader Snow with his Cutter, refit it to carry the same amount of guns as a warship Snow, and he'll have cheaply (since this kind of thing would be cheaper than buying/building a whole new ship) gotten himself a fully-armed Snow. It may be a bit weaker than other Snows, but it still gives him an edge in firepower over the Privateers and other Cutters that he normally encounters. 

Edited by Arvenski

- OR - market could be opened to prized ships with 1 durability. It would definitely vitalize the market and offer a more accessible option to many. ( sorry that's another dicussing al'together, but I guess i would be easier to implement than the re-craft )