Game-Labs Forum

Questions from a potential buyer

Looking to purchase this game and have some questions:

• Is there a weathering system in this game, be it in the OW or at battle?
  • In this game, the possibility exist that everyone has the same type of ship, with the same armament correct? I'm a past PotBS player and it was annoying how you had all those "Broadside" "Carpenter" "Fast Reload" and the like and those hardcore PVPers knew how to exploit the system. This game isn't like that right? It's just two ships going against each other, none of that make believe, click this button and your ship will sail 25% faster for 45 seconds.
  • In the PvP server, are their NPCs too?
  • I keep reading about "your fleet" what does that mean?
  • Does each ship come with durability, so I lost a fight in my frigate, I'd still have 4 more frigates left to play with until needing to buy a new one?
  • In the PvP server, if you are attacked, do you have to fight?

Thanks all and if there is anything I'm missing, please let me know!

•  at the moment we have different weather effects, we have sunny, foggy, rain, storms.  In the battles and at OW.

We do not have magicall buttons that have special abilities for lets say 30 seconds. Armament is tied to specific ships and it is up to players to use what type of cannons they want but it is tied to a max/min class per deck per ship. Also there are modules in game that will have effect on your ship performance.

Yes there are NPc's sailing on the OW and you can find them in mission events and small or large events aswell.

Up till rank 3 or 4 you can hire small ships that you can give orders and will fight on your side, you can see them as pets and it is to help the new players so that the game is more forgiving in the beginning for them.

Ships have durabilities but each class of ships has different durabilities. The lower rank ships have 5, then less and less when you get to the higher class ships.

no, you can try to escape/ run away or surrender ( lose a durability).

There are some issues, for ex most of the large clans think they should have exclusive access to port battles.

the Problem is, the portbattles cost Gold. So if there is a clan paying for the battle (200.000 Gold mostly) and they collected it from everyone in the clan, they all want to have Access to the port battle, they paid for. If someone else joins it might be possible, that they complain about it.

Every Ship you craft comes with 5 Durability, but you can loose them in a battle, if you sink/ if you get boarded/ if you surrender.

There are some issues, for ex most of the large clans think they should have exclusive access to port battles.

Not sure what you are talking about. You're an American player and I can say from experience that TDA and TF have always been welcoming of any unaffiliated player joining port battles, in fact we openly invite them to do so, provided you're in a ship that can contribute and doesn't take the place of a larger ship when space is limited. This rule equally applies to clan members as well, by the way. If you have a complaint about the way a clan member has treated you, the best way to address it is to speak with someone in clan leadership directly, not make a passive-aggressive post on an unrelated thread. We are all one team and if there has been any mistreatment of unaffiliated players we will certainly look into it and address the issue.

Anyway to the OP, this game is thankfully devoid of the magicka of POTBS. You'll really enjoy it here.

Edited by 'Sharpe