Game-Labs Forum

Default A.I. ship store / and marker on open world

A default A.I. ship store  not run by ships other players make,  some of the ship prices are insane esp for new players starting out that wanna upgrade off cutters, a reg ship store that you can go and buy ships from and see every model avaible if if you cant yet buy it or drive it older games had it and one thing missing

and 

a open world marker showing where you are on the open world map  esp for new guys starting out that have limit knowledge of surronding area's  esp for those of us who are not hard core but casual / for fun
option under options  that would turn the maker on or off  HC = no marker off casual = yes marker on

They make the ships more expensive than what should be charged for the same ship made by a player.  It's to encourage player economy.  Now tonight I saw a ship that was pretty much the same as the NPC ship and was being sold for 15K more.  While another player with the same ship had it 1K less than the AI/NPC ship.   Guess who will prob get there ship sold or not.  I wish they listed the going rate in region so folks can figure out the cost to sale there ships at though.   

I'm all for the open world marker.  Folks act like we didn't have Navigation charts back than to mark about where your located when you sale.  It's not like these ships where stuck to coast lines navigation only.  It's a pain when you come out of a battle and not sure if your north or south of a port you where close to before.   I'm learning the shore lines of the main area I'm in right now, but when you go to hit other places your not use to it's a pain to navigate.

It's pretty easy to navigate once you learn the basics.

We're currently covering with nothing but the map and a knowledge of directions and doing just fine. Take the time to learn, you'll get it.

As for the ship store.. save the pennies.

• Like 2

Really, a marker on the map would take so much away from the game. Don't expect it to ever be in the game, since devs are actually very proud that they achieved to bring the feeling of being lost at sea into the game. And I have to agree with them, it's an awesome feeling to always wonder if you are on the right course.

As for ships... Ships are expensive, yes. That's also intentional, since it should hurt a bit to lose a ship.

It's pretty easy to navigate once you learn the basics.

We're currently covering with nothing but the map and a knowledge of directions and doing just fine. Take the time to learn, you'll get it.

^^ Exactly, its an Age of Sail game..... So they didn't have GPS and neither should we! As Marx states, Take your time to learn, you'll get it!

Would be hugely disappointed if they suddenly added this, its just not fitting for the game! Map and Compass all day long.

Edited by Samuel Aurelio Gonzalez

But they did have Navigation charts and plotted courses.  I don't care if it's not exact location, and I believe it shouldn't show any other ships, but they did use Navigational charts of the none world.  Which by this time most of this area was pretty well known.  Go watch Master and Commander and you will see them using navigation charts to plot there course.   They could pretty much pin point there location to real close to where they really was cause of those charts.  This isn't the viking area where you had to keep close to shore, these are mostly ships that did go a bit from the coast and crossed the ocean instead of taking the long path along the coast (though safer path).

Edited by Sir Texas SIr

A default A.I. ship store  not run by ships other players make,  some of the ship prices are insane esp for new players starting out that wanna upgrade off cutters, a reg ship store that you can go and buy ships from and see every model avaible if if you cant yet buy it or drive it older games had it and one thing missing

and 

a open world marker showing where you are on the open world map  esp for new guys starting out that have limit knowledge of surronding area's  esp for those of us who are not hard core but casual / for fun

option under options  that would turn the maker on or off  HC = no marker off casual = yes marker on

First of all there are plenty of NPC spawned ships for sale in ports all over the region - And no, prices are not even remotely insane. If anything the NPC ships are underpriced, as in cheaper than the base crafting materials needed to make it in the first place.

You want GPS? Really... does no one remember how to use a road map?