Game-Labs Forum

Punishment for sinking captured ship and surrendered ship

I just realized that we don't have any kind of punishment for sinking a captured ship and surrendered ship.

For Captured ship, it takes time and effort to capture one. But someone can join your battle then sink it without any consequences

Its the same with a surrendered ship, Some one from the opposite side can sink the ship with no trouble at all.

Edited by Nashandra
  • Like 1

In my opinion.. if at all possible the captured or surrendered ship should immediately be classed as friendly and penalties applied for shooting them applied accordingly (if not already)

I agree that there should be penalties for shooting an already captured ship (5 second delay due to shot hang time). For the ship sinking later on? No penalty. I'd hate to see some players penalized because a ship captured 5 or so minutes ago sank because of holes put in it before it was captured.

• Like 2

if captured and surrendered ships are marked as friendly then during port battle or big OW battle, enemy ships can sink them.

That's ok.  Denial of the resource to the enemy is a time honored tradition in the world's Navies.  Just look at USS Philadelphia, October, 1803.  She was set on fire by the Americans to prevent her being used by Tripoli after she was captured.

By marking it friendly if a ship on your side has captured it, you remove the possibility of green on green damage, which is what we need to prevent in my opinion.  The  enemy can and should still be able to fire upon it.

• Like 3

Let's just be clear, what needs to happen for a surrendered ship is they need to strike their colours so it is plainly visible they are no longer a combatant (white flag atop mast) and their team and marker turned into a neutral party. I don't think a penalty should be applied for shooting it as even though it may have been captured, if the capturing team lose the battle will they still get to keep it? There needs to be two options for capture and scuttle in battle particularly If limited ammo comes into play. You may want to scuttle a smaller vessel instead of keeping it if you need to beat a hasty retreat but want to deny your opposition the ability to re-capture it.

• Like 1