Game-Labs Forum

Start brand new players with a free teleport

Currently a brand new player logs in heads out to sea to knock some heads!!   hmm can't find anyone.. oops I can't see land.. 

Help Channel:

<Newb>:  Help, is there anyway to see where I am?

<ProBob>:  No, use yer compass and learn to navigate

<Newb>: wtf I have no clue where I am..

<ProBob>: Use your teleport or sail west until you hit land...

The French Newb..  player sails for an hour never sees land or another soul, and because his teleport still has 2 hour cooldown, he ragequits...

Just saying, new players log in and have to wait 4hrs for a teleport, why not change it so they can TP immediately..  (just in case they need it)

• Like 3

I like this idea.  Maybe have a 1 hr cooldown for midshipmen/whatever the lowest rank for pirates is.  That will give them enough of a chance to learn the game, especially as there is still no official gameplay manual.  And, since they'd be the lower ranks, they couldn't really take too much advantage of it since their ships are small and they'll be promoted before too awfully long.

I like this idea.  Maybe have a 1 hr cooldown for midshipmen/whatever the lowest rank for pirates is.  That will give them enough of a chance to learn the game, especially as there is still no official gameplay manual.  And, since they'd be the lower ranks, they couldn't really take too much advantage of it since their ships are small and they'll be promoted before too awfully long.

No, this is a bad idea. People will creat a noob character, teleport around for crafting and moving their ship. Give a new character 1 hour cd for the first time may work tho

• Like 2

No, this is a bad idea. People will creat a noob character, teleport around for crafting and moving their ship. Give a new character 1 hour cd for the first time may work tho

Honestly, i think multiple characters should not be a thing for early access, it is fine now for testing purposes imho, however it will be bad for early access due to you being able to access enemy ports with an alt, being able to spy on enemies nation chat etc... so this would not be an issue imho.

• Like 1

However, if crafting higher level ships/goods require not only a crafting level, but a higher rank as well, then that would solve the problem.  Low level characters just won't be able to craft goods that people will want to buy.  Then they'll need to advance at least a bit to be a great crafter.

Guys just to clarify...  when a new player joins he immediately has a 4hour timer, why not allow the new player only at their very first login to start with their teleport available, instead of having to wait 4 hours.  Once he uses it he can have the same timer as everyone else.

• Like 1