Game-Labs Forum

Would this be able to run Naval Action?

Justme

60 fps max settings(apart from AA), i can almost guarantee as that is what i am getting with my r9 nano(which is a weaker card than the 980ti) and im runing the same cpu exept overclocked.

that being said, does have a weird config, a 760G board, a 600 Watt unkown pwoer supply, a fx 8320 with a gtx 980ti(which wouldnt be so weird if someone bought a pc with a 8320 then upgraded gpu down the line, but in a new build it is very weird, not as bad as a i7 with a 750 ti, but still weird)

edit: that PSU is one of The things i would honestly replace imidetly with something like a corsair RM 750i or a cooler master v750 since we dont know which one is in it, so i suspect some cheap 10$ crap which you dont want.

Edited by OlavDeng2

Im not sure what to think about that build.

You take the second best GPU on the market but put a kinda crappy CPU into the computer.

A questionable PSU as Olav said.

I am really surprised that you found a computer build with an 980ti for under 1400 bucks.

But for that kind of money Id look out for a very different build:

Take a decent CPU: i5 or i7. XEON if you want to spend some money and dont want to overclock.

(xeons are basically i7s without integrated graphics which youll never need if you use a dedicated GPU. Its a secret weapon which only the ppl who know about use ;))

Get a comparable GPU in the GTX 970 range. R9 390x, GTX 970, whatever floats your boat. An R9 380x will do the job perfectly fine, too. But its weaker.

8 gig of RAM is enough for any kind of game on the market atm.

Take an SSD. 250gB is getting cheaper and cheaper and that will provide you with an insane performance boost.

Get a HDD for mass storage (videos, pictures, music, games, etc..)

PSU: something with a good name. For an i7, GTX 970 and the other stuff you can be happy with a good rated 600+W PSU. Bigger aint better. If you want to overclock.. get an 700+W PSU for some security headroom.

Im not sure what to think about that build.

You take the second best GPU on the market but put a kinda crappy CPU into the computer.

A questionable PSU as Olav said.

I am really surprised that you found a computer build with an 980ti for under 1400 bucks.

But for that kind of money Id look out for a very different build:

Take a decent CPU: i5 or i7. XEON if you want to spend some money and dont want to overclock.

(xeons are basically i7s without integrated graphics which youll never need if you use a dedicated GPU. Its a secret weapon which only the ppl who know about use ;))

Get a comparable GPU in the GTX 970 range. R9 390x, GTX 970, whatever floats your boat. An R9 380x will do the job perfectly fine, too. But its weaker.

8 gig of RAM is enough for any kind of game on the market atm.

Take an SSD. 250gB is getting cheaper and cheaper and that will provide you with an insane performance boost.

Get a HDD for mass storage (videos, pictures, music, games, etc..)

PSU: something with a good name. For an i7, GTX 970 and the other stuff you can be happy with a good rated 600+W PSU. Bigger aint better. If you want to overclock.. get an 700+W PSU for some security headroom.

Pretty much this, however as you said you are getting the above build for free... well i would get it and just replace the PSU, and then wait for next year to get the next gen CPUs

edit: also if you are mainly playing naval action, that CPU is plenty(would still look for a new one down the line though), i am using it at 4.3 GHz and i dont think(my logs dont show it at least) that it is bottlenecking my nano.

Edited by OlavDeng2

It doesn't cost anything for you? Nice man lmao I wish if it didn't cost for me nothing either lol. But yea I'd rather change out its CPU to a I5 or I7 or Xeon, not that it's really "necessary" if you overclock the fx 8320, it still will rekt all games at 1080p on max settings, but probably on higher resolution as well.So don't even worry lol

problem with changing the CPU:

You need a new Mainboard as well. Take an i5 and your up to 300 bucks extra.

However thats a very viable upgrade plan for the future.

That GPU kicks ass!

__

and yeah.. I oversaw the part where you get it for free.

Damm lucky guy you are =)

(that gpu costs 600+)