Game-Labs Forum

Repair leaks under water before repairing leaks upper water

Today i have been ram by a consti making a bif leaks in my hull.

I've got 4 leaks upper waterline and the bigger one under waterline.

I switch to repair before the ram before i see it coming.

IA repair 3 leaks upper water while the leaks under water make me sunk.

Maybe should it be better to repair under water line leaks before upper water line leaks as underwater are more important to survive that the one useless...

• Like 1

Not sure I see an issue here. Leaks above the waterline should be much easier to repair because there's not water gushing through them.

If anything, I'd like to see a little more variability in below water line leaks. It seems like currently they all will get plugged, eventually, as long as you have some armor. Once in a while there should be some leaks that are just too large, or too entrenched, that will cause you to sink even if you still have a bit of armor, so that the game damage model doesn't feel so mechanical (eliminate all armor, only then will the enemy sink). It sounds like this is what happened to you Badas, I have just never seen this myself before.

• Like 1

Collision leaks depend on ship mass and speed 

If you are rammed or rammed someone at high speed most likely both ships will sink if they don't take precautionary measures before the collision. 

Ship mass and speed are now the main factors for water intake. 

System works this way. 

1. If speed vector difference is below 4 knots leaks won't happen. 
  2. Collision angle now matters. 
  3. Mass difference now matters a lot more. Cutter colliding with a First rate at full speed will sink very fast while a First rate will suffer minimal damage and vice versa.

Collision leaks are much bigger and take more water than penetration shots but are indicated with the same UI.

• Like 2

In the final UI, it would be nice to see large collision leaks start flashing to catch the player's attention and communicate urgency.

I've also noticed some possible latency issues with flooding. Yesterday my yacht was rammed by a frigate. As usual, there is no indication of a leak for several seconds. Then BAM, I'm halfway sunk in an instant. Ping 100-300.