Game-Labs Forum

Player join times on AI or removing them all together

OK this game being as much time consuming as it is doesn't need players jumping in on other players vs'ing AI to get cheap kill like it is now, seriously you want make the game fun but you have to spend ages to find AI fleets when your in apparently prime areas for players and AI, you spend and hour or 2 to find 1 appropriate fleet and when in just a few short minutes you have 1 or 2 d bags join in and waste your time for there pleasure, if you want this game to succeed then why are you letting this behavior continue, do people want to waste their precious time dealing with such behavior???? you cant play an hour or 2 without other players ruining it or struggling to find appropriate AI to attack, you are only averaging 150 players, where are the rest of the testers??? are they feed up with what you have created so far??? questions have to be asked as not many from the ST community seem to be returning, some want to PvP and other AI and you make it so the AI players can easily be attacked by PvP all the time, either locked the AI battles to players unless a player calls for help from team mates or locking it to other players so there is no d bags ruining the game for other's, people say its realistic but then again its hardly realistic and going realistic will ruin the game also as ships weren't built in a few hours, and resources wern't put in each nearest port... plus rates weren't really seen in the Caribbean nor were alot of cannon loadouts , and ships couldn't go invisible outta port, US weren't even involved in most of the Caribbean time so stop using ur realistic bull dust and make the game appealing to most that arn't playing the game for many factors already,having it mostly PvP and making players go to certain areas to find AI isn't fun for them and doesn't promote the game well and the wrong move, this does help your cause and if you hope to make this game successful you need to pull your head in and seriously think about changes or this game will be over before it starts, this game hardly feel like a sandbox when is so restricted and dictated by others and takes fore ever to sail and achieve anything.

Ok, what is your main concern, then second then third? I'm having trouble sorting your thoughts.

I want short close timers, is that what you are asking?

Do you or don't you like PVP?

I can help if you want a quiet place with bots but few players...

Wow after re-reading that i shoulda broke it down more, the game is quite frustrating in the state it is atm, i do enjoy certain aspects of the game and get the fact that its still developing but i don't have ample playing times most weeks like many others and all i wanna do is use my time to try level and get enough gold that i can then start trying more PvP and crafting once im ready, im here to test features and find bugs while still trying to enjoy them game.

What im find most frustrating is when i have an hour or 2 to jump on and try move forward with the slow grind i leave port to find nothing out there, do i spend the next hour looking around hoping to find a suitable target to grind on or look for a better hunting grounds?, i dont move around to much because when i do manage to catch my friends online they like to hang around that area as they find the farming good, im not sure how the AI spawning works but it seems like in my timezone theres hardly anything around and when i do find something i have random players jumping in on the opposite teams to try and kill me which just wastes more of my time and i achieve nothing, hardly seems like fun to me.

its abit conerning that we only average 150 players on a regular basis outta the whole testing community??? Does that not alarm anyone??? What are the factors not getting them playing regularly?

Is it the full PvP world?

Are they just not interested till port battles?

Are they bored of the current ships?

Is the game to time consuming to achieve anything good?

At this stage i would rather go on about my business with my friends without being disturbed by others so i can get enough gold behind me to start testing the other features but at this stage i dont see that happening.

Hope that makes more sense :P

<snip>

Yes, that made more sense. You play as a brit and the antilles should always be full of bots, but yea it's also full of players. If you want to farm bots without being interrupted you could change location. Consult this map for NPC routes:

h1Cz6M8.jpg

What rank are you at and what ship are you sailing? Depending on that I have some ships you could buy off me to help you with the grind, I have some ok upgrades too that I don't use. Look me up unless you're already in a frigate.

You probably already know, but the most effective way to grind is to damage, speedboard and repeat.

Don't sweat it with the "tester community", most players are just dabbling and play a few days after a major patch then wait for the next major update. No need to be worried.

So far i have managed to reach lieutenant and a friend sold me a cerberus to sail around with, havent had the time to get on though and something happened to steam and the pc lastnight, thankyou for your help, nice map too :) my timezone is +8 so im in between most players playing times and majority of the time im by myself