Game-Labs Forum

Trading system Suggestions

My humble idea's for the trading system part 1

• The AI Traders will be send by players on trade routes. (a player orders a AI trade-ship to transport resource X to another port and collect Resource Y and sail back.)

• Each time an AI trader arrives at his destination port the ports market is influenced.

• Resources are only produced in a small area on the map, from there AI and player Traders will transport the resources with profit to the rest of the map.

• Nations will have to decide who there allies and enemies are and allow or disallow there trade-ships in there area.

• As a simplified example: lets pretend there are only 4 resources in the game. Then each of these resources would only be produced near 1 of the four corners of the map.Making it less available on the opposite side of the map.

• Only neutral ports should be producing Iron/Copper/gold/Silver Ore, or else it would be to easy to monopolize it by a nation through barricades.

• Nation-owned ports could then produce resources that are more commonly found, like Oak and hemp.

• Barricading access to a resource could become to Over Powered and totally dry out a rival nations supply. Halting there ship production. This could be considered good fun or turn out to make 1 nation too powerful and the game would lose its balance. So a solution to this could be a new kind of trading system that might work better but it's just an option.

*all the prices i name are just examples that would be balanced.

• This new trading system would make all resources available in any quantity at any port. However the price would vary alot from port to port depending how close to the source of the resource the port is located. For example (when the world opens for the first time) Iron ore in All ports is available at it's maximum price of 100 gold. Accept for the few ports that have an iron ore mine and sell it at 10 gold. Whenever a (AI) trader delivers ore to port that is depleted the price go's down to 99 or lower. Until that ore is bought and the price in that shop will go up to its max of 100 gold per iron ore which will come out of the ports never-ending emergency supply. Where you can buy iron for 100 gold you can sell it for half that, 50 gold.

• I hope that with a trade system like this, a nation can fight it's way out of a blockade by only using it's Money reserves. Trading would become very risky but highly profitable. More reasons to go to war or make alliances however you want to see it. Legitimate reasons to sink/capture enemy trade-ships.etc.

I would really like to know if you think this is possible to make or what should be changed. I will answer any question you might have.

teatrader

• Like 2

Hi,

I do agree with letting AI do the tedious hauling between ports, but...

with the current crafting system, hours are the real economy,

I believe that getting all supplies in all ports (with an economy based price) will make it easier to get to supplies, as long as someone is willing to pay the price.

right now its even more of a challenge to get supplies and hours together at the same plcae&time and I like that a lot.

also the current port layout will provide you with all needed supplies in your vicinity, wich enables some organisation in an area, thus group/clan/nation.

so I wouldnt like the 'all available in ports" option, but maybe Im to hardcore on that though...

That having said, contracting AI to do the actual hauling of supplies or materials would be great, just for avoiding those hauling-runs as a player.

as for incentive, we just have to wait how the portbattles will develop,

I believe that with the current spread of resources those portbattles will increase options as all clans will go (re)arrange their own territories.

Dividing the map into 4-6 resources central areas will increase pvp in those critical points, but will get bored after a while.

So lets wait fr portbattles b4 we look at the economy.

Grtzzz Bubbles