Game-Labs Forum

treasure ships

During the age of sail era many treasure fleets sailed the waters just ripe for plundering.

I see no objection to these being added in game with various gold amounts. I also suggest that the more gold they hold the stronger ships are defending it are.

If they were added they could be a mini fortress which requires more than one player. This would add more to the player element, a method to get them to team up.

Any thoughts?

It might be a bit far-fetched but im just gonna trow an idea out there.

I have no clue how the admiralty will work, but imagine a successfully arriving treasure convoy would boost the funds of your nation.

So basicly its a very heavily armed fleet, which would be a prime target for all enemies of that nation. Yet it is a priority to defend for players of that nation as well.

So both sides have interests in the convoy, one side for the gold profit, the other side for the national funding.

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, during the later part of the game period 1750-1815 (this is what we have now, the oldest being renomee 1750s), the large gold transporting ships existed only in Pacific in the form of Manila galleon.

Due to the increased organization of other powers, especially Britain, it started to be dangerous to send convoys of large ships, therefore the gold was transported in a larger number of naval frigates that could flee effectively (as was also seen in Post Captain by O'Brien).

This makes sense to be honest:

Fighting pirates and couple of frigates, it is better to have a few large heavily armed ships, however fighting against organized naval force with ships of the line, it would be better to have several smaller frigates.

I might be mistaken, so please feel free to correct me.

In game I could see it as several squadrons of frigate typed vessels that would leave national ports. If engaged in battle they would not fight, but instead attempted to run, in different directions to each other...

Not that much fun, especially challanging, but quite rewarding...

Edited by marecek05
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...