Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action Sunset Colors must be improved. (Important)

Hi all. I have spent 3 days at sea. Sailed from Miami to Nassau. I took many pictures and soon will post them here. I compared Naval Action sunset to real world and it lacks red and orange colors when sun is on the horizon.

Here is a quick example of how sunset should should look in NA:

49ZurR8.jpg

I agree NA devs did a great job on clouds , but it is not there yet. 

If you remember Potbs , they had sunset map and I have to tell you it looks very close to real life, even ocean on the OS.

Example:

Q1C3t2L.jpg

Also, small clouds appear closer in real world and create 3D feel. NA sun needs to be behind clouds. Many times I have notices sun in NA is in front of the clouds. This is wrong. 

Example:

Mistakes

1. Sun is in front of the big cloud.

2. Sun Light is behind clouds while sun is in front of them. 

3. Flat sun color, add gradient of red orange and slight purple colors.

4. Water reflection is wrong and needs to be wider arc with more colors. As I said before, sun must be behind clouds and in this case sun reflection should not be visible at all. 

nwEDSih.jpg

I really hope devs can fix these small issues and add more colors. This game deserves it. 

Please provide more info and suggestions. 

Thanks. 

Will post open ocean pics soon! :D

More masterwork examples:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/379578-the-sky-above-the-ship-world-of-warships/

Caribbean

-------------------------------------------

-------------------------------

----------

Key West Sunset

FcDfZjG.jpg

• Like 6

I agree, having lived in malaysia(not directly comparable but still) the colours were a lot more vibrant during sunsets, while the game looks amazing in almost all regards this area is extreamly lacking and would love to see improvements

last thing: Did you sail a ship of sail or was it one of those fancy engine powered boats? also, nice pictures you took :D

• Like 1

I agree, having lived in malaysia(not directly comparable but still) the colours were a lot more vibrant during sunsets, while the game looks amazing in almost all regards this area is extreamly lacking and would love to see improvements

last thing: Did you sail a ship of sail or was it one of those fancy engine powered boats? also, nice pictures you took :D

Cruise ship. Thanks. 

Oh hey! That's my picture and I completely agree but if game-labs do that, I'm sure they can make night even darker and possibly add lanterns to our ship as an optional thing (covert or safety). 

Edited by Principe

Oh hey! That's my picture and I completely agree but if game-labs do that, I'm sure they can make night even darker and possibly add lanterns to our ship as an optional thing (covert or safety). 

Great picture btw,

So long as they keep the current sunsets as well, and make them rather common.

When games code breathtakingly gorgeous life-changing sunsets 7 days a week, it quickly defeats the whole purpose. Sometimes dusk is drab. If that's not the case, then you probably live too close to an active steel mill.