Game-Labs Forum

OK so I am going to attempt to start modeling this ship, I won't lie I don't know much about naval history or much about the ship itself, I have some HD plans and Ragnar hairy trousers to help me with his knowledge of ships of this time and will try my best to make a model to this games high standards.

I was wondering if anyone had or knows of reference pictures of this ship, there is a model that has had loads of pictures uploaded to Google, but it seems to be the 1790 model and not the one I have plans for, again I am a naval history noob, if there is any websites that have pictures of loads of ships could you link them?

Many thanks Harry

Edit: I have just found the La Sirene in the List of ships presented so far thread, not that ship, this is a much smaller Frigate here are the Plans, the top is La Sirene, the bottom is the HMS Unicorn.

55.JPG

The main reference pictures I have are these, http://www.modelships.de/La_Sirene/La_Sirene_eng.htm which are all nice, and it seems to be the same ship, however, the model only has 12 gun ports the plans I have for the La Sirene has 13 gun ports, it seems the model is missing the last gun on each row.

• Like 1

So this is her so far, 6 hours in and she is taking shape :)

For any fellow modellers, how do you 'guess' where each hatch goes etc. on the top down view of the ship in the plans all the hatches and other features are smack bang down the centerline of the ship, surely that cannot be correct? again I am a full on noob so school me if its needed.

P.S in blender why does some of the faces go different colours?

post-4470-0-16515400-1434124474_thumb.png

• Like 2