Game-Labs Forum

Proximety chat:)

I don't know if this have been suggested or not, so I tought I could bring it up:p

Would be cool to have a proximety VOICE chat in the instances, like when you close in on a ship and you get close enough so that in real life you could yell something to the other captain, you could do the same in game, the further away you get the voice gets harder to hear..... Could be nice when close to allied ships aswell, giving intructions/tactical chatting or just a friendly "hello, old dog", and very useful when someone is not paying attention and is about to ram you, you could yell something to wake up that captain who's not paying attention. But I don't want global voice chat, it would just get annoying, the text thing work ok for that.

Edited by kaboki

Not a bad idea, I like the idea of proximity chat window popping up, just another tab in the chat window, and only when extremely close, but the voice idea won't work, almost everyone in the game is using Teamspeak with their friends.

proximety chat is something every online game in the world should have, a hellluva lot more immersive than proximety text chat, anyone who played Arma with task force radio mod would know:p

Not a bad idea, I like the idea of proximity chat window popping up, just another tab in the chat window, and only when extremely close, but the voice idea won't work, almost everyone in the game is using Teamspeak with their friends.

I use teamspeak too in some games, but it just isnt the same feeling about it, but I have used it in combo with prox voice chat, e.g Arma 3. If a game has it someone will always use it, taunting the enemy or whatever, if your a good role player it could be very fun encounters:)

Edited by kaboki