Game-Labs Forum

A new gaming rig is born.

Joe

So I thought it was time for an upgrade so I did the newegg thing and this is what I ended up building as my new NA gaming system.

1. Went from a i4770 to a 4790k

2. MSI X79 GD65 MB to an EVGA x97 FTW MB

3. Sapphire 290X toxic to an EVGA GTX 980 FTW

4. Mushkin 128 GB SSD to a Samsung 850 EVO PRO 250

5. 32 gigs Ballistix ram...yea love the LEDs that show activity

6. Wrapped in a really cool Corsair Case that looks like a 40mm grenade launcher ammo can.

I reasoned with my wife that I can spend another 3000 bucks on another firearm or spend less on some new gaming rig parts...I'll end up buy new firearms anyway as its part of my business but I'm such a hardware junky....

I'm happy to report no issues at all with the set up. Windows 7 pro runs great and my frame rates in most games are pretty damn outrageous. So Game Labs....lets get rolling on that open world!

• Like 1

Radeon R9 395x2 would be a great replacement. This is the first time that we’ve ever got to see the R9 395X2. This is a dual GPU card just like the 990 Ti. Featuring two Fiji XT GPUs each rocking 4092 GCN cores for a total of 8184 GCN cores. Each GPU features a 4092bit wide IO memory interface feeding 8GB of stacked HBM1 for a total of 16GB of HBM running at 1.25Ghz. Resulting in a massive 640GB/s of bandwidth per GPU, twice that of the GTX 990 Ti. Each Fiji XT GPU is clocked at 1080Mhz which once again makes this the highest clocked graphics card ever produced by AMD. And easily the fastest, outperforming AMD’s previous R9 290X by nearly 300%. Add DX12 and you are set for years. 

;) Btw, nice rig. About 1.5 year worth before next upgrade need. 

duuuude.. I wish I had so much money to buy a new PC every year, too.

I mean: you "old" system still nails NA on highest possible settings..

Still.. Nice setup you have.. Wish I had 3k and built something epic. (I mean..3k.. you can get a titanX for that money and a 5820k or more holy crap)

• Like 1

duuuude.. I wish I had so much money to buy a new PC every year, too.

I mean: you "old" system still nails NA on highest possible settings..

Still.. Nice setup you have.. Wish I had 3k and built something epic. (I mean..3k.. you can get a titanX for that money and a 5820k or more holy crap)

I was going to go socket 2011 v3 but the DDR 4 ram was a sticking point. I'm waiting for the next socket to arrive and a new chip set and cpu before I drop 600 bucks on ram. The DDR3 I had from the i4770 rig works great at 1600 MHz with the new cpu and I just figured I'd wait for for the next gen socket and chipset.

I spent about 1500 on this set up, I had a lot of parts from the last build. I'll be selling most of the old gear on ebay for money to spend on NA...premium ships baby! That and I have a bit of a Wardunder addiction.

My son uses a dual 290x rig, not the 295 but the devil 13 video card with sandwiched 290x chips and 8 gigs of video ram. I just like the simpler single card but I'd consider the new 300 series AMD card when it arrives. I've always Been an AMD fan since the Thunderbird cpu was the first commercial CPU to hit 1 Ghz.

My wife's gaming rig is a socket 2011 3930k set up, she runs a 290x AMD video card as well and her system is a screamer. I'm fairly agnostic with hardware I'll run who ever offers the most bang for the buck. I'm lucky that my military retirement and business offer me the time and money to afford games and gear like this.

On another note I'm trying a razer keyboard with its own built in video screen, kinda cool to watch you tube or Hulu while playing a game.

Just staying jazzed about NA....can't wait to play open world and get to know more of you better.