Game-Labs Forum

Bizarre Bug, Very Strange

Jeremiah O'Brien

A very strange thing happened to me today. Due to the low number of players, I decided to do some PVE for a change. I was in a Snow (I think, it may have been the NavyBrig), and I got matched up against a NavyBrig and a Brig. The battle began and both ships headed towards me. Equipped with 6pd longs, I tried some ranging shots, but they fell short. As the enemy closed in, they turned and began firing. I was moving forward and their shots fell behind me. I fired a few more shots, which missed, and then I attempted to maneuver. I discovered that my rudder was stuck halfway between center and port, and I had no sail control. I began skewing to the left, not turning. I was gliding through the water on a diagonal path. I tried to use f11, but the battle abruptly ended as a draw. It only lasted a few minutes, and neither side took any damage.

A very strange thing happened to me today. Due to the low number of players, I decided to do some PVE for a change. I was in a Snow (I think, it may have been the NavyBrig), and I got matched up against a NavyBrig and a Brig. The battle began and both ships headed towards me. Equipped with 6pd longs, I tried some ranging shots, but they fell short. As the enemy closed in, they turned and began firing. I was moving forward and their shots fell behind me. I fired a few more shots, which missed, and then I attempted to maneuver. I discovered that my rudder was stuck halfway between center and port, and I had no sail control. I began skewing to the left, not turning. I was gliding through the water on a diagonal path. I tried to use f11, but the battle abruptly ended as a draw. It only lasted a few minutes, and neither side took any damage.

Sounds like the instance crashed perhaps? It's like when a round ends on a storm map and for those few seconds your ship just slides through the waves awkwardly as the victory screen thing pops up.

That's my guess.