Game-Labs Forum

Combat Questions

Yojimbo252

Firstly, I recently bought the iPad version and I'm loving the game.  Very well done.

Just a few questions that I've not found the answers to:

1) Is there any bonus for 'enfiladed fire'.  ie. Firing into the flank of an enemy unit?  I appreciate the enemy unit suffers increased morale loss but any increase in casualties?

2) Is there any penalty for firing on the move?  ie. Ordering a unit to close distance and the unit opens fire en route as opposed to being completely stationary?

3) Is there anywhere we can see the details for combat modifiers?  ie. What is the actual affect (in terms of percentages/numbers) of being fortified, being elevated, low morale, low condition, unit skill rating, ranges, etc?

For the first and third I am not entirely sure, but for the second the penalty is a lower reload rate along with the already existing condition drop that moving brings.

Ok thanks.  Just for clarification I thought condition only drops when you're running/charging not just moving?

As far as I know condition slowly drops when you move, and while running it drops far faster. By keeping them in one place with no combat they recharge that condition. I could be wrong though as I don't check that much on units on the move, so you could test it easily.

Firstly, I recently bought the iPad version and I'm loving the game.  Very well done.

Just a few questions that I've not found the answers to:

1) Is there any bonus for 'enfiladed fire'.  ie. Firing into the flank of an enemy unit?  I appreciate the enemy unit suffers increased morale loss but any increase in casualties?

Yes there is. Flank attacks result more casualties/morale drop and rear ones even more. Only artillery solid shots inflict the most casualties in flank attacks (longer row of men available for the single solid ball).

2) Is there any penalty for firing on the move?  ie. Ordering a unit to close distance and the unit opens fire en route as opposed to being completely stationary?

There is no extra penalty than normal firing except the delay in advance.

3) Is there anywhere we can see the details for combat modifiers?  ie. What is the actual affect (in terms of percentages/numbers) of being fortified, being elevated, low morale, low condition, unit skill rating, ranges, etc?

You can have a good idea by watching the increase/decrease rate of the graphical bars and the symbols in unit's panel (see the guide for details about the bars and symbols http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/4387-ios-guide/)